What is my bike?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is my bike?

I have posted a few times that I think my bike is a 1978 GS750 with an early 80's gauge and headlight...

What do you think?
    The Vin/Serial is GS750E222656

From suzukicycles.org

1978 Suzuki year code: C

The GS750E (the correct model name for the '78 year's model is GS750EC) with star cast wheels was introduced in February 1978. The most obvious differences to the earlier model were new type of wheels. Otherwise the GS750E differed from the GS750 only in small details.
    So isn't my year code 2? Which probably makes no sense, I guess I should recheck the engine # again...

Since nobody has answered

Your bike clearly was significantly modified. The headlamp and guages are off of a 80-81 GSXXXX. I did not see what they look like. The 1100s' had a picture of a bike on them.

You have an 8V engine, I think the only square headlamp model (lunch box) were the GS750/GS1100 80-81 all of which were TSCC 16V motors.

Those square mirrors are I'm pretty sure off of the 81 GS750 and I think the prior year they were round. I'm no expert but it looks like the forks could just as easily been from the newer bike as well.

Have you considered that the bike might have had a wreck with bent forks and an 81 GS750 was used as a donor for forks, handle bars, wheels and lunch box? One think I just noticed is that the brake rotors are not slotted and that they are not from a GS750-GS1100 80-81 then.

I guess I would only believe the frame serial number and engine serial number. The rest could have been changed.

Posplayr

Comment

I agree with Posplayr ..

Show us the face of your gauge and we can tell you if it was 1100 or 750.

Comment

The Gauges are not like the 1100:

It has a gear shifter in the bottom right
        And no Bike picture...

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
          I guess I would only believe the frame serial number and engine serial number. The rest could have been changed.

Posplayr
          Easy to find? Where do I look...

Comment

That will make it a GS750E so your mystery is solved.

Originally posted by peterpressure View Post
            The Gauges are not like the 1100:

It has a gear shifter in the bottom right
            And no Bike picture...

Comment

So it has a 80-81 Headlight and Cluster, possibly forks as well, with what could be a 78 750E Frame? That is the best I have figured...

The brakes are not slotted so I am still not sure about the front end...

Comment

Serial numbers

The frame numbver is near the steering tube. You might still have the decal (at least this is how my 80-83 bikes are).
                The engine serial on the 16V engines is right above the clutch cover.
                Posplayr

Comment

Now that you mention forks .. yours do not look like my 81 forks.

Originally posted by peterpressure View Post
                  So it has a 80-81 Headlight and Cluster, possibly forks as well, with what could be a 78 750E Frame? That is the best I have figured...

The brakes are not slotted so I am still not sure about the front end...

Comment

I am hoping someone just replaced the gauges and headlight, Who knows about the mileage then, but the cluster says 54k...

Comment

Working...
                    X