X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

East of Austin on HD Heratige Softail

Monday 04/27
    Thunderstorms
    Had bike rental for just the day (7 1/2 hours)

Pictures now, Story Later.

Doah! I should have said WEST of Austin.

These 2 pics on 290 just past Stonewall on way to Federicsburg.

Headed out toward Federiksburg (on 290), and after stopping once to put on rain gear and stopping again cuz just raining so hard could not see (windscreen too low and open face helmet). Was about 3/4th the way to Federicsburg when started to look for the little thin squiggly lines on the map.

THis I think is probably 1623 going to Blanco, or maybe 1888 near Lucenbach.

12 from Dripping Springs toward San Marcos, this just a few miles from 290.
    Last edited by Redman; 05-07-2009, 06:28 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Dont recall where this was. Saw several of these litttle roads that seemed to drop out of sight and seemed to head toward the river/creek that followed along side the road I was on. SO I stopped and looked down to see what it could be. The first one I stopped at dropped right down into/under the water, yikes, good thing I didnt turn down into that one. I stopped and looked at a few of them and rode down some of them. Some of them went along a creek, and some went directly over the creek, just barley above the water level, and obviously designed for the water to run over when water is higher. THis one can see how it compares to the road up above. THis yankee found this interesting.

And this picture for Leon. Daugher dropped us off at this hotel near Austin airport, so we could take shuttle in morning. And we happend to get a room decorated like this:

Complete with orange sheets.

Last edited by Redman; 05-11-2009, 04:16 PM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Nice pictures Dave. What stretch of road is that?

Comment

Ahh, one of my kind huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Ricks View Post
          Nice pictures Dave. What stretch of road is that?
          Billy, I added some comments about what roads I think those were.
          These pics are of about the best scenes I found. Was kinda nice, but still not like the 3s and area araound Leakey-Vanderpool-CampWood like I had originally planned to go.
          Last edited by Redman; 05-02-2009, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1978GS1000custom View Post
            Ahh, one of my kind huh?
            Rental.

May later add more comments about the ride and my impressions of the bike.

I will tell one story now:
            You should see the look on the rental managers face when we were discussing what bikes were avaialable. I asked that of the bikes that were avaialble which did not have loud custom pipes.

Comment

I didn't think that looked like east of Austin, it's why I asked. RR12 is decent but nothing like getting out around Leakey and Vanderpool. I got caught in some of the same rain that day.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Ricks View Post
                RR12 is decent but nothing like getting out around Leakey and Vanderpool. ............
                Yah, I went only a short ways on RR12 off 290, a few miles. Stopped there at that place in the picture and reviewed the map again. Turned around and went back to RR150 that I had passsed and took that to Kyle (not SanMarcos).

But, yah, did not compare to the 337, 335, 336 (that I rode in 2005).

Although any ride that doesnt involve police or ambulances or broken parts is a good ride, eh?

Comment

MOre pics - west of Austin

And 3 times found an awning to park under for a while.

Probably dont have to explain this one

Comment

Working...
                  X