• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had to vent!

Had to do a little venting this evening

Before:

After:

Believe it or not, each rotor lost exactly 8 ounces. I had the front end apart to replace the tires, and I had been meaning to vent the rotors, so it was a good time. It took about 1 1/2 hours per rotor.

Looks Sweet

Comment

Yes, it looks sweeeeeeet! Now be sure to tell us how much improvement you get. Surely better in rain but what about dry? Does it help stop the bike quicker?
      Larry

'79 GS 1000E
      '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
      '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
      '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
      '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by alke46 View Post
        Yes, it looks sweeeeeeet! Now be sure to tell us how much improvement you get. Surely better in rain but what about dry? Does it help stop the bike quicker?
        Past experience from doing this mod, is the wet performance is better, but I don't notice any real difference when dry. But then, I don't think I ride my motorcycles to their limits. On repeated hard stops, it will help to cool the rotor too.

Comment

this will be next, but probably over the winter. I don't have enough time to finish it now, and there is still some riding weather left.

Comment

Either someone has a LOT of spare time to hand drill all those holes, or someone has access to a CNC verticle machining center...

Comment

A paper template from autocad, a center punch, and a drill press with 4 drill bits. Lots of chips, too!

Comment

Working...
              X