1981 gs 1000 gl carb issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1981 gs 1000 gl carb issue

in help needing a new set of all four carbs already synced can any one help me please

Already synched can't happen unless they have already been synched on your engine.
    Even though George spouts his lame BS about selling "synched" carbs, it is not possible.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

well not nesosarliy synced but just need some good ones because 2 of the four on the bike i just bought the float pin holsters are broke and no good and the other two the jets are so gummed but that i soaked them in carb cleaner for a few hours and still seized and i tried a few other techniques the needles sorry my bad

Comment

even if someone benched synced a set of carbs and sent them out it may shift with transport and like said b4 the vacuum from each cylinder varies from piston ring and valve wear thats why they have to be done on the bike.

EDIT: if the float posts broke some members have "repaired" them but i just went to a suzuki dealer and they had one sitting on the shelf 100$ you can also try the parts for sale/wanted sections a member may have one floating around. your last bet is ebay but only as a last resort read the descriptions!

all the information is in your mega welcome found here->http://members.dslextreme.com/users/..._Greeting.html

a lot of information can also be gained from this guys site here->http://members.dslextreme.com/users/bikecliff/

the info from the ^ is from years of experience from many reliable members on here so its a great read.

also try out the search feature found under thread tools and clicking advanced search "titles only" i can almost guarantee that your problems have been addressed before but if your having trouble it never hurts to ask.

and lastly in your "User CP" adding your bike to the signature will help others know which bike you are working on. Just an added tip.

Welcome to GSR
        Last edited by Guest; 05-23-2011, 12:37 AM.

Comment

There are several ways to fix the broken posts. Do a search. Let the carbs soak overnight. If they still won't come out try a little heat..

Comment

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi Mr. yadamean,

You may have to pick up a rack of carbs from Ebay, properly clean them, put them on your bike, and sync them yourself. There are members here who will properly clean them for a fee, usually much less than "professional shops" will charge you, AND do a much better job. Check the services section of the forum. Check the Parts for Sale and post in the Parts Wanted sections to facilitate your search for a good set of carbs.

Anyway, let me dump a TON if information on you and share some GS lovin'.

I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", "Top 15 Tips For GS Happiness", the Carb Cleanup Series, and the Stator Papers. All of these tasks must be addressed in order to have a safe, reliable machine. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Working...
            X