X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to remove

OK,,,,,here is an easy one.....

I hope...

I need to swap out the 2 wires orange/green to go where the black/white one is

how do I poke these connectors out of the plastic holder, so I can do the swap, so that my new LED flasher will work, and my my new led blinkers go blink, blink, blink.....

I am already scarring up this poor part, don't want to make it worse or break it

please advise

Get a hold of Chuck Hahn on here as he has links to the cheap tools that are needed to do that kind of stuff.

Eric

Comment

A paper clip or a pick will go down the side of that pretty easily and release the clip that holds them in
      1984 GS1100GK newest addition to the heard
      80 GS 1000gt- most favorite ride love this bike
      1978 GS1000E- Known as "RoadKill" , Finished
      83 gs750ed- first new purchase
      85 EX500- vintage track weapon
      1958Ducati 98 Tourismo
      “Remember When in doubt use full throttle, It may not improve the situation ,but it will end the suspense ,
      If it isn't going to make it faster or safer it isn't worth doing

Comment

Paper clips will do the job but it is tricky and you will need patience as it takes time to press the clip on the terminal just right. I picked up a set of jewelers screwdrivers last night to try on my headlight connector. I should probably get out there soon.
        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Go by your favorite parts store and look in the trash can outside the front door. Pull out the discarded windshield wiper blades. Choose one with the twin ribs (two seperate metal strips down each side) and throw the others back. Take it apart and cut off about 4 inches of one rib. Bend about 1/2 inch of one end to make a handle. Works perfect and free!

Buddy
          09 Yamaha Venture Royal (my first Yamaha)
          83 Honda VT500FT Ascot (three of them)
          81 GS650G for the wife.
          82 Suzuki GS850GL Bought it 3 times, sold it twice, then traded for a nice 82 GS1100G AND a 93 Honda 750 Nighthawk, even WOW!
          I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those words that should have remained unsaid.
          If ya can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with B. S.
          Motorcycles are like children....They should be seen and not heard.

Comment

used a small jewelers flat blade screwdriver, poked it down the holes as in picture #1 and out they came, swapped them around, plugged in the new relay and I have blink.blink.blink...

Comment

where did u get the flasher

Comment

from here......

Shop for Top Sellers, including cool gadgets, accessories and fun gear at great prices on DealeXtreme.

and this is the actual one, I don't know if there is any difference

Shop for Top Sellers, including cool gadgets, accessories and fun gear at great prices on DealeXtreme.

Last edited by Guest; 06-10-2013, 04:16 PM.

Comment

Leave everything the way it is, make jumper wires with male or female spade connectors on the ends, as necessary.

sigpic
                  mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                  hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                  #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                  #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                  Family Portrait
                  Siblings and Spouses
                  Mom's first ride
                  Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                  (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                    Leave everything the way it is, make jumper wires with male or female spade connectors on the ends, as necessary.

Ha I would have never thought of that! The KISS method, "Keep It Simple Stupid"

Comment

more connections, like these bikes need more areas for a bad connection, they already have enough, I was not about to introduce more....

but, whatever floats your boat....

it didn't take much to swap the 2 wires and plug in the relay

Comment

@Gatekeeper - I should add that in no way was I calling you stupid. Just the saying that popped in my head I follow when dealing with problems.

Comment

Originally posted by xxBenJamminxx View Post
                          @Gatekeeper - I should add that in no way was I calling you stupid. Just the saying that popped in my head I follow when dealing with problems.
                          Well I am glad you cleared that up.....I was really bummed out by that....

NOT,,,,didn't even think about it that way at all

It's all good.....I have thick skin, been around long enough to not let every itty bitty thing hurt my feelings....

and I kept it really simple, I didn't introduce any extra wires or connections, just swapped around 2 wires, and plugged in the relay,,,,talk about KISS......LOL

Comment

Working...
                          X