Query on Body Mods on my GS850L

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Query on Body Mods on my GS850L

Well, My bike is in the shop getting the carb work done. Hopefully I will be on it by the 22nd! Cross your fingers and say your prayers!

I had a radical thought. Actually, a dream....I dreamt I took the rearend (frame and all) off a GSXR and put it on the GS. Then, I put an old style Avon fairing on the front and turned it into a cafe racer style looking bike. In my dream it looked neat, however, in the real world, is it even possible? Do you know anyone who has ever done anything like that before? The GS is pretty rough as it is right now, so anysort of body work would be a big improvement!

So, Am I just insane or can something like this be done?

Originally posted by Darci View Post
    Well, My bike is in the shop getting the carb work done. Hopefully I will be on it by the 22nd! Cross your fingers and say your prayers!

I had a radical thought. Actually, a dream....I dreamt I took the rearend (frame and all) off a GSXR and put it on the GS. Then, I put an old style Avon fairing on the front and turned it into a cafe racer style looking bike. In my dream it looked neat, however, in the real world, is it even possible? Do you know anyone who has ever done anything like that before? The GS is pretty rough as it is right now, so anysort of body work would be a big improvement!

So, Am I just insane or can something like this be done?
    Anything can be done. Question is, do you actually want it when you're done?

I had the same dream. So I bought a GSXR 1000 seat, tail cowl, and subframe. I mocked it up on my GS1000. It looked like crap. Seriously. The GS tank, frame and body style does not fit with the Gixxer stuff cosmetically or mechanically. Seat height is major issue too. You'd basically have to fabricate and weld some mounts to your GS frame for the Gixxer subframe to sit on in order to get the seat height right to make the bike rideable, then make some plastic trim to cover up the raised subframe. Plus you'd have to bend your existing GS seat subframe upwards because the Gixxer subframe is at an angle. And cut the rear part of your GS subframe off because it's way longer than the Gixxer subframe.

So it's possible, but...

Or were you talking about upgrading the rear suspension/wheel/tire?
    Last edited by Guest; 10-09-2006, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X