Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boulder to Grand Lake, Co

A terrific scenic ride for a Colorado summer:
    Boulder, CO to Grand Lake, CO via Hiway 7 to Hiway 34. Super high pass, switchbacks, Alpine Tundra, lakes, valleys, wildlife.... you name it. All paved, patrolled, and clean.

not sure if that comes up enter "boulder, co to Grand Lake, co" as a search in maps to get the one I had here.

this is the route, except take Hiway 7 out of Lyons to Estes Park, then follow 36 on through. 36 all the way is definately nice, but 7 is nicer.

You will need a Parks Pass or to pay at the gate to Roosevelt National Park. I had an Eagle Pass, so i could go in to state and federal parks at will. Worth the money if you live in Colorado.

If your bike is a smaller displacement, you might have a little power problem at altitude. I put my fix in tips and tricks a while back if you like to see it.

I LOVE that ride! I did it on a borrowed GS in September a few years back. Started in Estes Park and did a loop west, south, east, and north. Skipped Boulder and came up the Peak to Peak. One on my favorite rides EVER.

Comment

hope to do that ride sometime myself! so what was your fix? I couldn't find it in the tips page??

Comment

Working...
      X