Run in the Sun...Toy Run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Run in the Sun...Toy Run

Last Sunday I was in the worlds largest motorcycle procession (Toy Run) Over 50,000 toys were donated. There was over $600,000 raised to benifit Joe Dimaggio's Children's Hospital. It was a cause well worth spending the morning with the Hogs.
    It was alot of fun and to my suprise, more than just the HD crowd. There were between 30,000 and 35,000 bikes in the processsion. I would estimate 70% Harley- Jap-Cruises-Choppers 20% Crotchrocket sportbikes 5% Misc. Dirtbikes, scooters, etc.
    The remaining 5% were Britbikes and cool vintage rice burners. That is tiny minority, I know. But that would add up to over 1500-1750 very cool bikes.
    Interstate I-95 Southbound and I-595 Westbound were shutdown from 9am to 1pm. It was about a 15 - 20 mile run ending with a festival & concert. I can't report to much about the latter, as I am only so tolerent of the Hog set masses.
    I loved it! I was surrounded by $30,000 choppers and full dresser Harleys. My little Suzuki was drawing MORE attention. It was definately a stand out in the crowd. I got lots of very nice compliments. My favorite was "I like the paint and color." You should have seen the look (of disbelief) on his face when I told him it was Rustoleum Appliance Almond. Boy, I was sure glad I bothered to wash her on Saturday.
    The run itself was cool... 15-20 miles of bystanders cheering and waving. I'll be there next year
    Anyway, It was a good cause and fun experience. I recommend the event if any of y'all are in South Florida next December.

Wow - sharp ride you have there!

Must have been a great time but it sounds like the Dallas Ft Worth run was a tad bigger! :-D

Comment

Goes to show what everyone here knows you don't need a $30K bike to have fun

Comment

Working...
      X