American Motorcycle Tire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

American Motorcycle Tire

I had a great experience with these guys. I hunted for tires a year and half ago, lots of research, decided on a specific brand and model. After 10k I needed tires again, trusting my previous interrogation and not wanting to repeat the research, I looked for the same tire. I was, looking for best price, tires and shipping all totaled. Some vendors give good tire price but are tough on shipping, some vendors give good shipping price (free) but high on the tires.
    Found http://www.americanmototire.com/ added up my purchase, happy with the total, and I ordered.

Soon after, same day, I received an out of stock e-mail from American Motorcycle Tire. I had no reason to doubt their message as other vendors had noted “to call on availability” for the rear tire model and size I selected. BUT, the email wasn’t an automated response. It was an email from an actual person explaining the out of stock situation, and when they expected to receive the tires I ordered. AND, they offered to cancel the order, AND, they offered to recommend a comparable or better tire based on my riding profile, OR back order and charge my credit card and complete the order once the tire I originally ordered was in stock.
    I gave them a description of what, how, when, weights, speed etc of how I ride. They responded with an alternative tire, or, the option to cancel, or the option to backorder the original order.
    I checked out the tire they recommended, was very pleased with the spec, and ordered their suggested alternative tire based on the new research and their recommendation. This all happened in one afternoon.
    I am very pleased with the price, the effort of their staff, and the personal attention that was afforded to me. Great Value!! I have (3) more bikes, and when they need tires, American Motorcycle Tire is the first place I will look.

What did you originally select & what did they recommend as an alternative?

Dan
    1980 GS1000G - Sold
    1978 GS1000E - Finished!
    1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
    1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
    2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
    1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
    2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

I have (3) 82' GS1100glz that all run Dunlop GT501. Some touring, some back and forth to work, some wet, some dry, some (2) up, some naked and spirited. I have no complaints. Good tires.
      I currently have 10k on the oldest set. American motorcycle Tire suggested Pirelli Sport Demons. The spec and reviews i found look to be just as good if not better than the Dunlop.

Comment

The Pirellis won't last as long as the Dunlop 501, but man, they feel and stick sooooooooooooo wonderfully nice... it'll be like riding a new bike, and you won't care if they're used up in 6,000 miles or so.

I'm never going back to touring tires -- the Pirelli Sport Demons are superb.
        1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
        2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
        2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
        Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

I've bought three times from these guys and have been very happy with their service and prices.
          1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
          1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

Working...
          X