Ne Ga Gs Riders?

A good "day" ride in Northeast Ga. would be Hwy 197N from Clarkesville
    stopping at the Batesville Gen. Store for coffee or breakfast>then
    continue N on 197 to Hwy 76. Turn W on 76 for about 15 miles then
    turn S on 17. Just before Helen, turn E on 356 which comes out back on
    197 just N of Batesville. Places of interest along the way; Brasstown
    Bald, Helen(good place for lunch is Southside B&G). Several h2o falls
    along the way.

Any GS riders interested in this area? I ride an 81 GS 650 "E".

JR in Toccoa.

NE GA riding

James,

Sounds like a great ride. Been a while since I've been through Clarkesville/Helen area. Just got My 1980 1000G legal, and I'm looking for places to ride, and friends to ride with. I also want to plan a ride that goes past the Tallulah Gorge.

I lived in Stephens County for a number of years until I moved to Easley SC. about four years ago.

Drop me an e-mail if you want to schedule an outing.

mseaman1@charter.net

Mark Seaman.

Comment

Well, I've owned my '79 GS1000E since new and have surfed the GS Resources before but just decided this spring to get the old girl out of the barn and bring her back to life. Took her out for the first time yesterday and though she still needs a little mechanical work and a lot of TLC, we had a most excellent little ride bringing back many fond memories of the old girl.

I can't believe that I checked in here this morning for the first time in a while and noticed that I have missed the SE rally this weekend. I would have tried really hard to get up there and have fellowship with all the other GS owners from near and far. Can't remember if I had an old ID here or not, so I had to create a new one this morning.

I live in Cleveland and have very little free time and also ride dual sport and dirt, but would love to meet up with you guys for a ride sometime soon. I do have to change my brake fluids and bleed and hopefully I'll have rear brakes since on yesterdays ride they faded out and basically quit working on me. Rode up to Helen and Hiawassee to meet my off road riding buddy at the British bike rallye he attends every year. But had I known about the GS rally I would have been there instead. Oh well, you can bet I'll try and make it next year, and the old girl will be in much better form by that time!

Have a blessed day! <><
      Last edited by Guest; 06-10-2007, 01:05 PM.

Comment

GA Thumper I like this <>< never seen this before.

Comment

Turn W on 76 for about 15 miles then
          turn S on 17. Just before Helen,
          You should continue riding 76 towards Clayton and past Clayton as it turns in Warwoman Road. Fantastic roads...

The GSR Southeastern Rally rode through there on our Saturday trip!

~Adam

Comment

Originally posted by Gravity Tester View Post
            GA Thumper I like this <>< never seen this before.
            Thanks Bro! I use it the same way the early Christians, or followers of "The Way" I think it was called then did as kind of a "calling card". In person you'll also almost always see me wearing a cross I make from cut nails. It's also a great conversation starter!

Blessings! <><

Comment

I live near Augusta Georgia.... How close are we?

Comment

It's about 3-4 hours to NE Georgia depending on where you are going.

Comment

I am near Augusta

Hey MATTW....I just moved from Connecticut to just outside Augusta...Bike will be on the road soon..1980 GS 1100E

Comment

Working...
                  X