Suggestions for Ride from Portland, OR to Minnesota

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestions for Ride from Portland, OR to Minnesota

I'll be taking a trip on the 850 from Portland to Minneapolis, leaving in the next week or so. I'm looking for some good routes/rides in between, as I will have a little time. I'm already planning on going to Hells Canyon, Nez Perce, and Glacier Natl Park. Let me know if you have any suggestions. I'm also looking for people to stay with along the way. If you have a spare room, a couch, or a floor I could sleep on along my way, it would be much appreciated.
    Thanks

Looks like you've already picked a good route to start with. If you're not into the freeway thing you can just stay on Hwy 2 and that will bring you just north of your destination. Haven't gone the far east on it myself but a few people I know pick that east/west route as a favourite. Supposed to be a good interesting road and scenery. Hope this helps. Also, if you do the Gorge and you get to Lewiston, Id, Hwy 12 (Lolo Pass) to Missoula is an excellent stretch of road with great scenery, lots of corners and not much traffic. Not as nice Glacier Park to the north but still a favourite and a quicker route if time is an issue.
    '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Working...
    X