Petcock for 1979 GS550

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Petcock for 1979 GS550

does anyone know where I can find a petcock for a 1979 GS550? I have looked around but can't seem to find the right one. the closest I get is 1980's models, found lot's of rebuild kits but have been told that that is NOT the way to go. Any ideas, part # anything would be appreciated.
    BY the way: I could get it from the local Suzuki dealer but for them to order it I have to show and pre pay with a credit card, Not at all conveniant, it would be an hour out of the work day and the "man" like that much.
    you guys and girls are the best!!!!
    I would have junked this bike a year ago if not for ya'll

You only source may be Suzuki, or an online store that sells Suzuki parts. Your dealership should take your credit card info over the phone. The part number is 44300-47011

85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
    79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

petcock

i don't know if a 81 550 is the same but i have one if you give me a e-mail address i will send you a picture

Comment

petcock

buy the way my e-mail address is rkb55@att.net

Comment

The only source is Suzuki. Both these sites are well-known purveyors of OEM Suzuki parts.

Don't take chances with a used part or a rebuild kit. It's a valve inches from your crotch that controls a highly flammable fluid, ferpetessake.
          1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
          2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
          2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
          Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Working...
          X