Transport bike to Octoberfest.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transport bike to Octoberfest.

I live in Springfield, MA and am wondering if any locals know of any service or someone who would transport my GS1100E to Orlando so I can ride it in to Datona and then bring it back to Springfield after the weekend is over. I dont have the time off to ride it there. If so how much it would cost?
    Last edited by Guest; 06-18-2007, 11:51 AM.

I heard about a site (in fact, I think it was on here), called UShip. Basically eBay for shipping. You enter your info, then people will contact you with estimates. I tried it once to ship my GF's car from Michigan to Colorado, but only got 3 bids, and found another carrier (local) that was about $75-$100 cheaper. The site also has a feedback system similar to eBay. That was another hangup I had, all who contacted my had zero feedback.

Good Luck!!

Comment

Why dont you just ride it there?

Comment

Like I have already stated

I dont have the time off available. I want to have my bike up there but I dont really care to loose my job over it.

Comment

tow it

Any passenger car can tow the weight of a bike. You could always have a small towing hitch put on, there are some one bike towing set ups on ebay for under $200. You might be able to get a hitch and lil setup to tow it for less than the cost of a one time transport fee. Then you could go snag parts bikes, ect...

Comment

Their are Co. that specificlly ship bikes to Daytona. I would look for one of them

Comment

I tried that...

I haven't found one yet. I have been asking everywhere. If you hear of one please pass on the info.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Rocket GS1100 View Post
                I haven't found one yet. I have been asking everywhere. If you hear of one please pass on the info.
                Used these guys a few years ago to bring a bike I down south up to Ohio.

ID Transport 954 946 3366
                Pompano Beach FL.

They only transport motorcycles, and the driver was telling me bike week, sturgis, etc. are their busiest times. I seem to remember it being like $500 bucks door to door, insured, in an enclosed trailer well secured with canyon dancers and tie downs

Comment

Working...
                X