European Tour in Wisconsin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

European Tour in Wisconsin

I took a mini-European tour yesterday. I and a BMW pal left my house in Waterloo and headed to London. After that we turned east and made our way to Rome. We did all this before lunch!
    We stay on mostly county roads, but did get off on some township lanes. It sounds pretty cool when you say you rode from London to Rome. I readily admit these are towns in Jefferson County, Wisconsin and the population of the two totals less than 1,000, but that just means you get out of of town and back into the country that much sooner.

Just for kicks I'll throw in that we also nearly went coast to coast, from Oakland to Concord.

Just think... if you lived in FL, you could have gone to Jupiter!!

Let's see... I could go to Rome (NY) in a relatively short time. From there I could go to Mexico (NY) in even less time!

Comment

On the Brown County ride we go to Cincinnati and Columbus, but we never go to Ohio. We climb Pikes Peak, but never go near Colorado. And of course there's Nashville, but not Tennessee. Something to chew on like maybe a Gnaw Bone... consult a map of Indiana for the rest of the Story.

Comment

Originally posted by jimcor View Post
        On the Brown County ride we go to Cincinnati and Columbus, but we never go to Ohio. We climb Pikes Peak, but never go near Colorado. And of course there's Nashville, but not Tennessee. Something to chew on like maybe a Gnaw Bone... consult a map of Indiana for the rest of the Story.
        Don't Forget Bean Blossom Jim!
        sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
        2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Must be a couple of Romes in WI. I spent over half my life going to a lake (Sherwood) that was near the township of Rome (unincorporated) in Adams county. It was a crossroads wit a fire station and store (Pritzl's).

Suegip, you'll enjoy the roads up to La Crosse.

Brad bt
          Last edited by Guest; 07-12-2007, 07:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by marvinsc View Post
            Don't Forget Bean Blossom Jim!

Did you find the Bean Blossom covered bridge? The one that's right outside of town. It has never been featured on a BC GS ride, but I found it on the very first rally.

The Brown County Indiana area is a magical place. Don't miss it!

Comment

Maine has quite a few towns named for foreign places. Check this out:

A classic photo-op sign, guaranteed to wow the folks back home. Arrows point to nearby towns in Maine that are named for foreign cities and countries.

Comment

Working...
              X