Luckenbach, Tx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luckenbach, Tx

Living in Austin,Tx; Luckenbach, Tx is only about 70 miles away and with so many beautiful roads going from Austin to there it is one of my favorite afternoon rides. Last year I got the wild hair in that Oct afternoon and made some phone calls. Before long I had five friends and four bikes at my house. When got on the road and found our way to Luckenbach, when we got there it was to our surprise, we found a Vintage Motorcycle Rally in full swing. Now I had heard stories from my Grandfather about motorcyles like theNorton Commando, BSA Rocket, American Mustang, Henderson in line four and Scott Flier. Well for the first time in my life I got to see a Mustang and a Henderson sitting almost side by side with Norton's, BSA's, Indains, Jawa's and some of the early Jap Bikes. The parking lot was like a bike show of it's own. With custom bikes, tour bikes and sport bikes all in the same row. Well it was not until weeks later that I learned it was a annual thing. So I looked it up online and found that it is a Rally to raise money for Charities. It is on my list of things to do again this year. You can learn more about it at

Hopefully I'll see ya'll there

Originally posted by amsanders View Post
    Living in Austin,Tx; Luckenbach, Tx is only about 70 miles away and with so many beautiful roads going from Austin to there it is one of my favorite afternoon rides. Last year I got the wild hair in that Oct afternoon and made some phone calls. Before long I had five friends and four bikes at my house. When got on the road and found our way to Luckenbach, when we got there it was to our surprise, we found a Vintage Motorcycle Rally in full swing. Now I had heard stories from my Grandfather about motorcyles like theNorton Commando, BSA Rocket, American Mustang, Henderson in line four and Scott Flier. Well for the first time in my life I got to see a Mustang and a Henderson sitting almost side by side with Norton's, BSA's, Indains, Jawa's and some of the early Jap Bikes. The parking lot was like a bike show of it's own. With custom bikes, tour bikes and sport bikes all in the same row. Well it was not until weeks later that I learned it was a annual thing. So I looked it up online and found that it is a Rally to raise money for Charities. It is on my list of things to do again this year. You can learn more about it at

Hopefully I'll see ya'll there
    Thanks for the heads up! We have 2 semi organized Hill country rides a year and the harvest classic would be of interest to most of us. Looks like the '07 event is the weekend of Oct. 19-21. Guess we need to start planning our Fall HC ride. Hope you can join us.

Comment

Originally posted by moto_dan View Post
      Thanks for the heads up! We have 2 semi organized Hill country rides a year and the harvest classic would be of interest to most of us. Looks like the '07 event is the weekend of Oct. 19-21. Guess we need to start planning our Fall HC ride. Hope you can join us.
      Sounds like a plan. I'm down to minor details on my bike so it will be ready in plenty of time.

Comment

Count me in, unless I am stuck in the field or somthing.

Comment

Harvest Classic

the 2007 Harvest Classic has come to a close. I had an amazing weekend with the bike of today and yesterday. I rode my '82 Magna and placed second in the 1980-1985 category. Hopefully next year I can take my GS. We only rode 353 miles but the roads were curvious, the food was GREAT! and the company was priceless!

Comment

what won? the Motomorini 500? or that rat bike Virago with the water pipe intake and twin torpedo gas tanks??

Comment

Originally posted by focus frenzy View Post
              what won? the Motomorini 500? or that rat bike Virago with the water pipe intake and twin torpedo gas tanks??

the Motomorini Won the '80-85 class, that Rat Bike Virago placed second in its class

Comment

Well I missed it this year but count me in for next year

Comment

Working...
                X