markel insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

markel insurance

For over 45 years, Markel has been providing specialized insurance protection for your motorcycles, boats, ATVs, bicycles, special events and more. Get a free quote in minutes online or by phone.

SCORE!!

Read your post last night, went online and filled out the app. They didn't have anything before 1986 listed for Suzuki, but I filled it out anyway to get an idea of how much it would cost. Called them today and gave them the quote number and she entered a few changes and I ended up with a $55 policy in minutes which was emailed to me right away. I went to the DMV and found out I needed an actual card, so I called them from the DMV and they immediately faxed it to my DMV. Plate is now on the GS! Too bad it rained as soon as I got geared up and my buddies came over...

Thanks for the link - that was incredibly easy and the service was great!

Comment

Thanks RJ, have you or anyone else had experience other than buying a policy with these guys? Just curious as to how well they respond to claims.

Comment

Originally posted by NE750E View Post
        Thanks RJ, have you or anyone else had experience other than buying a policy with these guys? Just curious as to how well they respond to claims.
        No!:shock::shock::shock:[-o<

Comment

I was able to get full coverage from markel for my bike 4 years ago. 92 a year for full coverage with high coverage levels can't be beat. progressive was only progressive when it came to their rates, not coverage.
          Last edited by duaneage; 07-24-2007, 09:44 AM.
          1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
          1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

man that is cheap, you guys don't know how good you have it down there with your ins rates

Comment

Yeah, I understand the government auto insurance system in canada is rough. They also dictate a lot more than down here, should you have an accident they pretty much call the shots on what happens to the wreck.

Comment

60 bucks a year!!!

Thanks so much for posting that company! Within minutes I had my 60 dollar a year insurance!

Comment

wow, I must have screwed something up on my quote form because with just liability insurance I was $291 a year. Allstate (my car insurance company) quoted me 104.

Comment

Originally posted by mwa423 View Post
                    wow, I must have screwed something up on my quote form because with just liability insurance I was $291 a year. Allstate (my car insurance company) quoted me 104.
                    Your best bet is to call them. I've been with them For a few years. The customer service is always friendly and helpful and they go out of their way to get you your cards as soon as possible. The rumor is that a majority of their staf also ride, so they are really cool about helping get you on the road. Can't vouch for the claim service yet, and with any luck , I won't ever have to find out.

Comment

Ex-Bikeline &quot;Markel Insurance&quot; Employee

Now before you read the rest of this, let me tell you that I worked for them almost ten years ago, but at that time they were horrible with their claims. They would do whatever they could to get out of paying a claim. I'm sure that most insurance companies are the same way, but to me it just seemed a bit seedy. To many bad wrecks with no money paid out. Both on MC and PWC. Old sayings sometimes ring true....You get what you pay for. With your cheap rates did you get every option of coverage? Medical Coverage? Uninsured Motorist? It is an optional item in most states, but if you get hit by someone with No Insurance...your hosed. Working there and riding a bike made me really dig into the policy I'm getting...not just the sticker price. I am currently with State Farm and with a "Stated Value" policy....meaning my bike is worth 3,000....I have full coverage for the WHOLE year (12 Months) for only 139.00 a year. I think that's pretty good....especially if you saw my driving abstract....It would make nice wallpaper.

Just my .02

Comment

Insurance companies are not in business to pay claims, that's for sure. But they do have a friend in the government dictating we have to buy coverage from them. Insurance claims are complicated, many factors can go into a claim decision. My aunt worked at Erie Insurance for years and told me there are always stories surrounding every claim.

It good to see you got a good rate from State farm and are happy with your coverage, State Farm is ridiculously expensive in my area, so is Allstate. I guess YMMV, another old saying.

Nice bike, I have one just like it with both maroon and black body work.
                        Last edited by duaneage; 08-21-2007, 11:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X