Mid Ohio AMA Vintage Motorcyle Days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mid Ohio AMA Vintage Motorcyle Days

Haven't seen any talk of this yet... Anybody going this weekend?

I'm probably going to drive up with the wife and kid. Heard the vendors have some good deals....

I'm in North Central Ohio. Planning on being there on Sat. Check out Jeff Saunder's Z1 enterprises booth in the flea market. He is a great guy. He has a line on parts for our old bikes, for all the jap brands.

Comment

Thanks for the tip!

Appreciate it, Walt. I've never been up for this event, but friends of mine keep telling me what a great time it is and that there's a lot of deals to be had.

Comment

AMA VIntage Days

Will be there Friday - Sunday. give me a call on my cell at 412 251 4777. I think a bunch of us from the group are planning on meeting up

Nate

Comment

There's actually a couple of other threads on this. I'm riding up Friday morning with a friend. Hopefully, I'll be able to meet up with SOMEONE from this list. I usually park close to the demo trailers by the fence.

Don

Comment

i'll be there. keep an eye out for a red 78 GS1000 w/ new york plate.
            2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
            82 gs1100L probably the next project
            1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
            https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
            1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Originally posted by Goose View Post
              I'm probably going to drive up with the wife and kid. Heard the vendors have some good deals....

Don't expect any great deals. Mostly lots of over priced junk in the swap meet area. You might get lucky with some closeout deals in the vendor area but those are usually "all sales final" and it's what they can't move out from their stores.

If you get there early, and I mean around 7am-8am, you can get your pick of which demo bikes you want to ride. You have to pick a brand, stand in their line and sign up for a bike and a time. Usually, you only have a chance at two for one day. This doesn't include Harley though. They usually just stand in line and wait for the next available bike. I plan on hitting the BMW line, hoping for the K1200S and the Kawasaki line for the ZX14.

Hope to see you there !

Don

Comment

Wow. I started this thread before LAST year's Vintage.

Wasn't really planning on going this year, but then if Duaneage gets my new RR for the 850 to me early this week, I just might need something to do!

Comment

that was the coolest bike event i've ever seen. we took a couple laps on the track sunday and that made it for me except it wasn't at all fast enough.
                  2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                  82 gs1100L probably the next project
                  1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                  1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

If ya boys want decent deals, Hit up the Walnecks Vintage Cycle Swap Meet in Springfield on Aug 24 (which, just so happens to be my birthday ) I will be there for sure. Last year i had 400 bucks in my pocket, and if i had a trailer and a truck with me, could have walked out of there with TWO running bikes (yeah they needed work, but they RAN) Especially at the end of the day, when people dont want to pack all their crap up again, deals can be had by the load. IF anyone is interested in going, Lemme know!! We'll make a GS showing of it, and put all those damn HONDUHS and Hardleys i saw up there last year to shame

Comment

I'm working that day but if it's not a real scorcher and I have some energy left, I might like to ride out there. I'll know more the closer it gets to the 24th. I figured Walnecks would only have tons of HD parts and junk.

Comment

Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
                        that was the coolest bike event i've ever seen. we took a couple laps on the track sunday and that made it for me except it wasn't at all fast enough.
                        I haven't been able to make it there for a couple of years now, but it is one of the coolest events for anyone who likes old bikes. Years ago I got to do some laps at Mid Ohio when Kawasaki rented the track for a day. I got three laps each on the Concours, the 1200 Voyager, and a ZX-10. That was a blast.
                        JP
                        1982 GS1100EZ (awaiting resurrection)
                        1992 Concours
                        2001 GS500 (Dad's old bike)
                        2007 FJR

Comment

VMD Weekend

It was a great event and it was packed to the gills, and comparitively our Gs's werent even all that old compared to 90% of the stuff there. If you were looking to see a bike like the one you have/had or saw when you were a kid it was there. They had Hodaka bikes there that looked factory new, a beautiful restored Honda Dream, and yes a load of GS's there. I bumped into a guy with a GS1100 there that was in great shape, and my old GS850GL managed another weeklone trip there and back 800miles total. Im now leaking oil and planning on tearing her down and fixing the prob, and hanging on until spring, when mabey a new M50 is in the cards, so if anyone is looking for a great strong running reliable bike.

Comment

Working...
                          X