Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oregon Coast from Portland via Nestaccua River Road.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oregon Coast from Portland via Nestaccua River Road.

What an absolutely beautiful ride this was. Thanks to Big 'T' I finally decided to take this ride.
    I left at 2pm and went 211 miles. Amazing how the country changes. Driving down through Forest Grove, Gaston, Yamhill, and Carlton via hwy 47. The scenery is of fields and rolling farm land. Nurserys dot the landscape along with vinyards and miles of grapvines. When you get to Carlton, you head up into the coast range where you get into small scrub oak. Here the road begins its twists and turns and the oaks fade into fir and the air begins to cool. A man cuts slabs of lumber from a portable sawmill. As you head up into the mountains and start hitting the turns you can smell the ripe black berries beside the road.
    I pass a beautiful reservoir and finally hit the summit with beautiful fir trees everywhere. Back down the other side along the Nestaccua river and over grown alder, fir, cedar, and spruce hanging all around as if you were riding through a maze. The hwy snakes beside big rock outcropings ladened with moss, trees and undergrowth. You will hit a streach of hard packed gravel for about 3 miles. Some beautiful camp grounds along the way. I stopped at Dover camp ground and listen to the slience and the sound of a small trickle of water and the wind blowing its wispers through the tree tops. The air cools about 10 degrees as you get close to the oeacn and hwy 101. Headed South on 101 to Neskowin where I had lunch and then headed back North to the Little Nestaccua River rd, to 3 Rivers Hwy, back through McMinnville to hwy 47 and Forest Grove and home. Got home at 8pm so 6 hours.
    Was great fun and an absolutely beautiful ride and the 850 ran Great.
    Last edited by Guest; 08-29-2007, 12:31 PM.

Retirement sounds nice!

Comment

Originally posted by LeeGS550E View Post
      Retirement sounds nice!

Retirement is nice. I have to get it now because odds say that in 10 years I'll probably be racing wheel chairs in some rest home somewhere as one of the fogotten............

Comment

Originally posted by HammerHead View Post
        Retirement is nice. I have to get it now because odds say that in 10 years I'll probably be racing wheel chairs in some rest home somewhere as one of the fogotten............
        Just as long as you bequeath me a GSX1100 before then. ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by t3rmin View Post
          Just as long as you bequeath me a GSX1100 before then. ;-)
          Come visit once a month and we maybe can work something out...........8-[

Comment

Working...
          X