Hocking Hills, Ohio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hocking Hills, Ohio?

Anyone ever ride around that part of Ohio?

I just happen to have off on Monday and the kids have school and the wife is working the morning. Weather says 61 deg. Sounds like Dad needs a good ride.

Anyway, I've heard lots of good things about that area, just not sure of the good Twisty Roads. 374 looks nice on the map.

Originally posted by DMPLATT View Post
    Anyone ever ride around that part of Ohio?

I just happen to have off on Monday and the kids have school and the wife is working the morning. Weather says 61 deg. Sounds like Dad needs a good ride.

Anyway, I've heard lots of good things about that area, just not sure of the good Twisty Roads. 374 looks nice on the map.

You're in for a TREAT !! Those are some of the best motorcycling roads in this part of the country. 374, 664, 550, 93 and you really can't go wrong with just about any of the roads down there. Make Marietta a destination and wind your way through those roads. There's several good places to eat in Marietta but I'm drawing a blank right now. If you get that far, look up TripleNickel Motorcycle Shop, http://www.triple555nickel.com/ It's run by a friend on mine, Peter Ianniciello Stop in, say Hi and say "Don from Columbus sent you". He's a great guy. Check out www.cmh-moto.org It's a local Ohio MC mailing list and they organize rides just about every weekend. Monday is the November lunch ride to The Spot in Sydney, Ohio:

Next Monday we are going to The Spot to Eat restaurant, 201 S. Ohio
    St. in Sidney, OH. The Spot is located on the southwest corner of S.
    Ohio St and Court St. in downtown Sidney. We plan to arrive at 12:30
    PM. This ride is weather permitting, the long range forecasts are
    calling for mostly cloudy skies and temps near 60.

Map: http://tinyurl.com/2m7olt

Good luck. I'll write more later but I'm cooking dinner right now.

Don

Comment

Dave, I have ridden those roads a bunch of times. i have to work monday morning till about noon. if you want we could meet up around 1 and go from there. let me know !!! see ya Paul

Comment

I forgot to add this for the Monday lunch ride:

The Columbus area gang will meet at the BP gas station at the
        intersection of Avery & Perimeter Roads in Dublin, OH.

Map: http://tinyurl.com/34yxs5

Please by ready to ride at 10:30 AM.

btw, I'm in Reynoldsburg. Just around the corner from you. The guy that's leading this lunch ride is also from Gahanna.

Don

Comment

Thanks for the info. I read something about 555 from Zanesville to Marietta. Zanesville is about an hour East of here, I was thinking about hitting 555 somewhere further south so that I wouldn't have to ride Super Slab that far and could take some back roads. I'll see about the Triple Nickel Shop and if I get in there, I'll tell your friend that you said "HI, and Give this guy a 90% discount on Everything!" Ok, I made the last part up......\\/

Paul, I'm heading out Early am as I need to be back around 5ish. If there is a chance we can meet down that way that's cool.

Comment

Jimbo's is a destination/starting point for lots of rides in the HH area. Been a couple of years since I've been up that way. Camped with the bike at Old Man's Cave State Park quite a few times.

Never been to Jimbo's Bar and Grill in South Bloomingville near the SE corner of the Hocking Hills area, but many rides begin or end from this location. Famous for their hamburgers. There are at least 2 groups from Central KY and Cincinnati, OH that make annual jaunts to Jimbo's for burgers and riding.

Comment

dave, the best i can do would be to meet you at the BP at 104 and 22 just outside of circleville. i could be there about 12:30. i know a loop that takes about 3 hours. that would put you back in columbus about 5ish. backroads to lauralville, 664 to logan , 180 back to chillicothe. this is a great ride with alot of twisties. 664 is an awesome road, it takes you past old mans cave. jimbos is on 664. let me know Paul

Comment

Originally posted by xDUKEx View Post
                dave, the best i can do would be to meet you at the BP at 104 and 22 just outside of circleville. i could be there about 12:30. i know a loop that takes about 3 hours. that would put you back in columbus about 5ish. backroads to lauralville, 664 to logan , 180 back to chillicothe. this is a great ride with alot of twisties. 664 is an awesome road, it takes you past old mans cave. jimbos is on 664. let me know Paul
                Well, that's kinda the opposite way I was heading, but 664 looks sweet. Lets do it. I still have the cell # you gave me before Cincy. I'll PM you mine and if we don't hear from each other, meet you there at 12:30. Promise I won't be late this time.......8-[ :-D

Comment

jealous

Man I wish I was back there to tag along! There are no twisty roads like that here in the flat land!

Think of me working my bum off here in the Great Plains when you are riding.

Cheers,
                  Lyle

Comment

We rode over that way two weekends ago. Great ride!

Comment

Man, some Awesome roads down there. I never realized how close that area actually is.

Thanks to Paul (xDukex) for showing me around. Great riding and great scenery.

Didn't make it to Triple Nickel, maybe next time......

Comment

Working...
                      X