200 miles of "S" curves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

200 miles of "S" curves

Starting at Reno Nevada head west on hwy 36. You know you're there by the sign that states "S" NEXT 200 MILES. I have a picture of me with my '83 1100 ES and my brothers m50. TRULEY one of the wests BEST, MUST RIDE!!!! Starts at Reno and ends on the coast of Northers California. From there, my brother and I rode the famous California Coast Hwy 101 in to Oregon to my fathers place in Florence Oregon.
    The coastal ride was as fantastic as the western ride to get there. And it RAINED ON THE 101!! AND WE LOVED EVERY SECOND!!!!

4 thumbs up on this ride!!!

You say you have a picture of the sign? Please post it here for our envy. 8-[

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Opps...

I made a mistake, the trip was 200 to the coast. The sign ONLY states 140 miles. I'll post a pic tonight...

Comment

That is a famous sign, a few guys on the FZ1 forum use it as an avitar!

I still want to see it with the 1100ES!
        Currently bikeless
        '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
        '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

1100ES and sign pic

Originally posted by namikuz View Post
          I made a mistake, the trip was 200 to the coast. The sign ONLY states 140 miles. I'll post a pic tonight...
          Well I got side tracked, So here's the pis

Comment

AND a few more of the trip...

A couple more pics from the ride as follows

Comment

another

another pic

Comment

AND another

another one...

Comment

Nice bike, I've always wanted an 1100ES!

And I've just pencil'd in a new one on my list of things-to-do-before-I-die: drive across the country to get a picture with that sign

Comment

Please do!!

Well, I'm glad I made the trip out, droning on the STRAIGHT and LLOONNGG hwy 80 from Salt Lake City, to get to that part of the trip. It was the first trip I made, by bike, with my younger brother. And were planning another also.
                    As for the 1100ES, I had an '80 1000S Wes Coolie for a while, till a monkey made a left turn from the rt shoulder, IN A NO STOPPING/NO PARKING ZONE. Darn near killed me. ~ 40mph impact to the "A" pillar of his car, I miss that 'ole monster... I didn't really ever expect to wind up with the 1100ES. Too few were made. I scored this one on E-Bay for $1700.00, just outside of San Francisco. Drove out from S.L.C. and RODE IT HOME!!!
                    SWEEEET!!!
                    Any hoo, YES MAKE THE TRIP!!! Worth every second of freeway droning to get there...

Comment

Bruce... Lets build this into a rally
                      1980 GS1000G - Sold
                      1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                      1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                      1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                      2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                      1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                      2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Hwy 36 actually starts in Susanville, CA. To get there from Reno, you need to take hwy 395 north for about 90 miles, then to 36 west. I have been on that road and it is awesome! The leg from Redding to the coast is especially nice. There is also hwy 299 from Redding to Eureka that I haven't taken on a bike, but would love to. Some of the best twistys and scenery I've seen.
                        85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
                        79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Originally posted by salty_monk View Post
                          Bruce... Lets build this into a rally
                          Yes Yes!!!!
                          1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                          1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Really, a rally? Lets go!

Comment

That's an awesome looking area! I'd love to ride out there.

Here's a route I'd like to do.

Comment

Working...
                              X