Cool and twisty in the mountains of Idaho

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool and twisty in the mountains of Idaho

Idaho Route 12 runs from Lolo Montana to Lewiston Idaho. Follows the river so even on a blazingly hot day it cool in the river canyons.

My right forearm was sore from all the throttle twisting.

I drove that one night in Feb coming outa Walla walla, WA to Missoula. Snow banks were cut over 20 ft high. Saw all sorts of game. Almost hit a Deer and a fox. Wouldnt recommend this road in winter. I think I saw one car in a 100 miles. It does look like fun on a summer day on a bike...
    82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Idaho has some great twisty (and empty) roads. Great riding up there.

Comment

I rode that road in July 2002, with two other guys. I was on my 1100 LT., one rode a 78 750 Classic and one rode a V65. We rode fast and hard, it was hot and we only managed to scare the $hit out of ourselves once.
        V
        Gustov
        80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
        81 GS 1000 G
        79 GS 850 G
        81 GS 850 L
        83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
        80 GS 550 L
        86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
        2002 Honda 919
        2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

One of our clients is in Missoula, MT, and I keep telling my boss I need to ride out there and see how he's doing... I wouldn't spend more than four or five days riding in the mountains before dropping in for a 45 minute meeting.
          1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
          2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
          2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
          Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Originally posted by oldryder View Post
            Idaho Route 12 runs from Lolo Montana to Lewiston Idaho. Follows the river so even on a blazingly hot day it cool in the river canyons.

My right forearm was sore from all the throttle twisting.
            Oh, that's a beautiful sight!
            Currently bikeless
            '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
            '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Working...
            X