Project Tracy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Project Tracy

Hey Folks, I decided it was time for me to start my own thread as a continuation of the work already completed by drhermanstein (http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=102640). For those of you who don't know, I purchased this project from drhermanstein and I hope that I can proceed with the same quality of work as has already been completed.

The bike:
    GS1100 motor (1395, 1150 head and oversized valves, cams)
    Modified frame
    Tracy 1 piece body
    GSX-R USD forks
    Bandit 12 Swingarm
    GSX-R Rear Wheel
    Now comes the segment where I ask all those who have embarked on a similar journey to impart their wisdom on me.

**Update Oct 8,2009**
    Progress is slow but take a look at the last couple pages of the thread for the current state. I will be selling a bunch of gs1000 parts in order to continue funding for this project.
    Last edited by Flatline_Racing; 06-28-2010, 12:46 PM. Reason: update
    Feel The Pulse!

1982 GS1100E with Tracy one piece body
    2007 Roadstar Midnight Warrior

ebay cntgeek

That body is going to look nice on the bike. Can t wait to see it.

Comment

this should help for the engine year
      Z1 Enterprises specializes in quality Motorcycle parts for Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Yamaha Classic Japanese motorcycles from the 1970's and 1980's.

good luck!
      GS850GT

Comment

Originally posted by Flatline_Racing View Post
        Hey Folks, I decided it was time for me to start my own thread as a continuation of the work already completed by drhermanstein (http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=102640). For those of you who don't know, I purchased this project from drhermanstein and I hope that I can proceed with the same quality of work as has already been completed.

The bike:
        GS1100 motor (waiting to be built...1166, 1150 valves, cams)
        Modified frame
        Tracy 1 piece body
        GSX-R USD forks
        Bandit 12 Swingarm
        Now comes the segment where I ask all those who have embarked on a similar journey to impart their wisdom on me.

I am looking for a gasket kit to build the motor and noticed that there are two different kits, one for the GS1100E 80-81 and one for GS1100E/S 82-83. What is the difference between these kits and how can I tell what year my motor is?

For those of you that have done the GSX-R Wheel in the bandit swing arm, what axle bolt do you use? I have the bandit axle but it is too large to fit into the Wheel bearings.

I am sure that I will have many more questions, but that should be it for now.
        The only REAL difference in the gasket sets is the valve cover gasket. If your valve cover has 24 bolts it is an 80/81. If it has 20 it is an 82/83. Hope this helps. Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
          The only REAL difference in the gasket sets is the valve cover gasket. If your valve cover has 24 bolts it is an 80/81. If it has 20 it is an 82/83. Hope this helps. Ray.
          i thought suzuki added extra valve cover bolts in 82, not took them off, no?
          GS850GT

Comment

Yes it's the other way around. The later heads had the 24 bolt covers.

Comment

Yeah not at home right now to count for sure but I thought I had 24 bolts...I can check later.

Comment

gday mate, you will also find stock head gasket is thinner on later 1150, also will be a bit more clearance around bore, if used on 1100 barrels, come to think of it, on the left side of barrels will be cc, size, 1075, for gs11 motors, and 1135 for gs1150, regards.

Comment

Just to get us all back up to speed, how about posting a couple of pic's? Nothing fancy, just in it's current level of rebuild.

Comment

yes, pictures please?

Comment

I have the bike to the same state of build as the last owner because I have been working out of town so much. I will be putting in an order to APE in the next week or two so that i can start building the motor with the parts that it deserves. These are the pictures that he had taken.

Last edited by Flatline_Racing; 11-23-2008, 02:56 AM.
                      Feel The Pulse!

ebay cntgeek

Comment

Feel The Pulse!

ebay cntgeek

Comment

build it and they will come

Good grief you purchased the world's largest jigsaw puzzle!! Is it an 1100?... Look forward to watching it come together...

jw

Comment

Yeah, it is going to be a puzzle alright. It is an 1100 with a worked head(minor porting and 1150 valves), performance cams and JE 1166 10:1(i think) pistons.
                            Feel The Pulse!

ebay cntgeek

Comment

Puzzle

Let me re-phrase a "BEAST" of a jig saw puzzle!! keep us posted

Comment

Working...
                              X