Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3-months Summer Road Trip to all 48 States !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3-months Summer Road Trip to all 48 States !!

I am planning a nationwide road trip within 3 years to see all of America.
    I want to take 3 months from June to August and see all 48 contiguous
    states (excluding Hawaii and Alaska). I want to time it right so I can visit cities and small towns that have shaped America for what it is. With their summer events and historic reenactments going on when I am there. i.e. Taste of Portland, DC, Philly, Cincinnati, Dallas, Chicago, etc...., Civil War reenactment in the south, Portland RI Jazz Festival, Cape Cod festivals, flea markets, outdoor events around the country, Space Shuttle launch
    at Cape Kennedy, 4th of July celebrations in DC, Boston marathon, NYC marathon, old ghost towns, mining towns, wine tasting, etc....

I'm looking for that one serious bike partner who has the time to do it,
    the desire to see and experience new roads and adventure through
    the love of motorcycling, possesses the intellect and common sense
    for adventure, and to appreciate and to enjoy the splendor and heritage
    of what this country stands for, and what it has to offer. It will be unlike anything I've ever done or experienced.

I will take my time and stay at campgrounds up-close and personal with nature and to visit places in America I've only dreamed of. I'm a history buff, and I do appreciate how our country was founded - by
    independence, self-reliance, and taking action towards your God-given talents and freedom of choices and convictions that shape our own character. What better way to experience this freedom than to see
    and feel America by motorcycle !!

The bike ride will start in the SF bay area where I live. From San Jose
    to Los Angeles on scenic coastal Pacific Coastal Highway (PCH) from Santa Cruz to Monterey, (Big Sur) CA of Highway 1 to Highway 101
    near Santa Barbara south to Los Angeles. I will then take the Mother
    of all Highways - the Historic Route 66 from Los Angeles to Chicago.
    Once I reach Chicago, I will head towards Florida via highways 65, 24,
    and 75. The cities I would pass through are Indianapolis, Louisville, Nashville, Chattanooga, Atlanta, Macon, Valdosta, Gainesville, Ocala, Tampa, Clearwater, Sarasota, Fort Myers, Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Homestead, Key Largo, Vaca Key, Plantation Key, Matacumbe Key,
    Long Key, Grassy Key, Bahia Honda Key, Big Pine Key, Cudjoe Key, Sugarloaf Key, baca Chica Key, and Key West. I'm hoping to avoid the mid-western states to avoid areas with serious weather issues like hurricanes and tornadoes. I will have the latest in GPS navigation, ham radio, CB radio, cellphone, and a website to track our whereabouts and daily progress.

After visiting Disney World and a ride to the entire length of the Florida Keys, I leave Florida and travel north on 95 to the eastern seaboard up
    to Maine. I visit Boca Raton, Jupiter, and hopefully to catch a space shuttle launch at Kennedy Space Center at Cape Canaveral. I pass through Daytona Beach, Jacksonville, Savanah, Fayetteville, Raleigh, Richmond, Washington DC, Baltimore, Philly, NYC, Providence, Cape Cod, Provincetown, Boston, Portland, and Bangor, Mine.

From Bangor, I head back on 95 to Boston, and take Highway 90 west
    to Springfield, Troy, Syracuse, Rochester, Buffallo, Cleveland, Detroit,
    then on highway 75 south to Dayton, then 75 to Cincinnatti, 71 to Louisville, 64 to St Louis, 70 to Kansas City, 29 to Souix Falls, 90 to
    Rapid City and Mt Rushmore. From Rapid City, continue on 90 to Billings
    to Yellowstone NP, Spokane, Seattle, Anacortes - San Juan Islands -
    Victoria B.C. Canada via ferry, Nanaimo-Vancouver B.C. via ferry,
    Highway 5 south to Seattle, Tacoma, Mt St.Helens, Portland, Mt.Hood,
    then take highway 101 Portland coast to the California coast of Crescent City, Klamath, Eureka, Leggett onto Highway 1 Pacific Coast Highway
    onto Ft Bragg, Mendocino, Point Arena, Bodega Bay Point Reyes, Stinson Beach, Sausalito, San Francisco, and back home to San Jose.

As for the equipment, I may completely rebuild one of my GS1100/1150
    for this trip of a lifetime. I may opt to get a newer, better engineereed
    touring bike that can handle the long haul and route. I expect to put
    12-15,000 miles on this road trip.

As for the maintenance, I will have an extensive parts kit with me for an unforeseen breakdown. I will also have a list of bike parts distributor/ resellers and bike dealerships in every state and in every large city I
    pass thru. I will have a schedule on when to change the oil and when
    to change both tires prior to the departure. I will pay in advance any preventive maintenance (PM) with the estimated mileage calculations beforehand. Say 8-10k miles later would put me in South Dakota - I
    would order my size tire set in advance at Joe's Bike shop in Sioux Falls and have them schedule an installation when I get there. An
    oil change every 4k mile is also scheduled.

As for costs, I would figure $10,000 is more than enough for the entire trip. Campgrounds would be no more than $10/nite average. And some days is free on a plot of ground anywhere we tip our hat to. 90-days x $10/night = $900 just for the "lodging". The food is cheap depending where you eat. I'm into health and eating right, so vegetables and fruits always is cheap with the most nutrition pound for pound. I can easily live on on $25/day. You could plan this trip at only $6k., which is very cheap for 90-days.

As for the gas, figure at least 12,000 miles. 12,000 miles / 45mpg = 266 gallons of gas. 266 gallons of gas x $4/gal = $1064.00. So $2,000 right
    off the bat is for gas and campground lodging. $25/day x 90 days = $2250 for food. So roughly $4250 is accounted for in the road trip. The remaining $5750 are for incidentals such as entertainment, breakdowns, etc.....

As time progresses, and within a few months to a year, I will have this route clearly defined and refined and will add more comments to this thread, as well as add more routes so I can visit as many states as possible. I will take my time as not to rush it so I can stay the maximum time and see as much as I can without ending my trip early. That can easily happen if I rush it, but I will limit my average daily mileage of 133 miles per day. i.e. 12000 mile/90 days = 133 miles.

If I want to stay longer at a certain town, or event, I'll double my daily mileage allocation to compensate for time.

Any interest, comments, or ideas, please feel free to reply.

Thanks in advance

KT
    San Jose, CA :-D\\/

Just for a reality check:
    I'm a very frugal person....I ocassionally spend beyond my budget, but not very often.
    In 1985, I did a 1250 mile bicycle trip from Victoria, BC, and ended at Cayucos, CA (just north of L.A.). Nights camping in campgrounds ranging from Nat. Forest, State Forest, to commercial ventures averaged $17/night. I had to use a motel room two nights, a hostel in SF one night, and the max cost then was $29.00/sgl. Food cost was $300.00 (I ate a lot of food pedalling a bike) Total cost for that ride was about $450.00.
    Fast Forward to 2007.....My road trip to Yucca Valley. CA and back, ran me close to $650.00 in Fuel; food and lodging were above and beyond that, and I was scrimping on everything. Headwinds (20-45 mph) stole my mileage from me (I was down from 42 mpg to 22 mpg while battling 20-45 mph headwinds). You've got to figure in the variables....Ask p_s about his trip from Champaign, IL to Seattle, WA, and the things he didn't expect that happened...........:-D
    Originally posted by jadesystem View Post
    I am planning a nationwide road trip within 3 years to see all of America.
    I want to take 3 months from June to August and see all 48 contiguous
    states (excluding Hawaii and Alaska). I want to time it right so I can visit cities and small towns that have shaped America for what it is. With their summer events and historic reenactments going on when I am there. i.e. Taste of Portland, DC, Philly, Cincinnati, Dallas, Chicago, etc...., Civil War reenactment in the south, Portland RI Jazz Festival, Cape Cod festivals, flea markets, outdoor events around the country, Space Shuttle launch
    at Cape Kennedy, 4th of July celebrations in DC, Boston marathon, NYC marathon, old ghost towns, mining towns, wine tasting, etc....

I'm looking for that one serious bike partner who has the time to do it,
    the desire to see and experience new roads and adventure through
    the love of motorcycling, possesses the intellect and common sense
    for adventure, and to appreciate and to enjoy the splendor and heritage
    of what this country stands for, and what it has to offer. It will be unlike anything I've ever done or experienced.

I will take my time and stay at campgrounds up-close and personal with nature and to visit places in America I've only dreamed of. I'm a history buff, and I do appreciate how our country was founded - by
    independence, self-reliance, and taking action towards your God-given talents and freedom of choices and convictions that shape our own character. What better way to experience this freedom than to see
    and feel America by motorcycle !!

The bike ride will start in the SF bay area where I live. From San Jose
    to Los Angeles on scenic coastal Pacific Coastal Highway (PCH) from Santa Cruz to Monterey, (Big Sur) CA of Highway 1 to Highway 101
    near Santa Barbara south to Los Angeles. I will then take the Mother
    of all Highways - the Historic Route 66 from Los Angeles to Chicago.
    Once I reach Chicago, I will head towards Florida via highways 65, 24,
    and 75. The cities I would pass through are Indianapolis, Louisville, Nashville, Chattanooga, Atlanta, Macon, Valdosta, Gainesville, Ocala, Tampa, Clearwater, Sarasota, Fort Myers, Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Homestead, Key Largo, Vaca Key, Plantation Key, Matacumbe Key,
    Long Key, Grassy Key, Bahia Honda Key, Big Pine Key, Cudjoe Key, Sugarloaf Key, baca Chica Key, and Key West. I'm hoping to avoid the mid-western states to avoid areas with serious weather issues like hurricanes and tornadoes. I will have the latest in GPS navigation, ham radio, CB radio, cellphone, and a website to track our whereabouts and daily progress.

After visiting Disney World and a ride to the entire length of the Florida Keys, I leave Florida and travel north on 95 to the eastern seaboard up
    to Maine. I visit Boca Raton, Jupiter, and hopefully to catch a space shuttle launch at Kennedy Space Center at Cape Canaveral. I pass through Daytona Beach, Jacksonville, Savanah, Fayetteville, Raleigh, Richmond, Washington DC, Baltimore, Philly, NYC, Providence, Cape Cod, Provincetown, Boston, Portland, and Bangor, Mine.

From Bangor, I head back on 95 to Boston, and take Highway 90 west
    to Springfield, Troy, Syracuse, Rochester, Buffallo, Cleveland, Detroit,
    then on highway 75 south to Dayton, then 75 to Cincinnatti, 71 to Louisville, 64 to St Louis, 70 to Kansas City, 29 to Souix Falls, 90 to
    Rapid City and Mt Rushmore. From Rapid City, continue on 90 to Billings
    to Yellowstone NP, Spokane, Seattle, Anacortes - San Juan Islands -
    Victoria B.C. Canada via ferry, Nanaimo-Vancouver B.C. via ferry,
    Highway 5 south to Seattle, Tacoma, Mt St.Helens, Portland, Mt.Hood,
    then take highway 101 Portland coast to the California coast of Crescent City, Klamath, Eureka, Leggett onto Highway 1 Pacific Coast Highway
    onto Ft Bragg, Mendocino, Point Arena, Bodega Bay Point Reyes, Stinson Beach, Sausalito, San Francisco, and back home to San Jose.

As for the equipment, I may completely rebuild one of my GS1100/1150
    for this trip of a lifetime. I may opt to get a newer, better engineereed
    touring bike that can handle the long haul and route. I expect to put
    12-15,000 miles on this road trip.

As for the maintenance, I will have an extensive parts kit with me for an unforeseen breakdown. I will also have a list of bike parts distributor/ resellers and bike dealerships in every state and in every large city I
    pass thru. I will have a schedule on when to change the oil and when
    to change both tires prior to the departure. I will pay in advance any preventive maintenance (PM) with the estimated mileage calculations beforehand. Say 8-10k miles later would put me in South Dakota - I
    would order my size tire set in advance at Joe's Bike shop in Sioux Falls and have them schedule an installation when I get there. An
    oil change every 4k mile is also scheduled.

As for costs, I would figure $10,000 is more than enough for the entire trip. Campgrounds would be no more than $10/nite average. And some days is free on a plot of ground anywhere we tip our hat to. 90-days x $10/night = $900 just for the "lodging". The food is cheap depending where you eat. I'm into health and eating right, so vegetables and fruits always is cheap with the most nutrition pound for pound. I can easily live on on $25/day. You could plan this trip at only $6k., which is very cheap for 90-days.

As for the gas, figure at least 12,000 miles. 12,000 miles / 45mpg = 266 gallons of gas. 266 gallons of gas x $4/gal = $1064.00. So $2,000 right
    off the bat is for gas and campground lodging. $25/day x 90 days = $2250 for food. So roughly $4250 is accounted for in the road trip. The remaining $5750 are for incidentals such as entertainment, breakdowns, etc.....

As time progresses, and within a few months to a year, I will have this route clearly defined and refined and will add more comments to this thread, as well as add more routes so I can visit as many states as possible. I will take my time as not to rush it so I can stay the maximum time and see as much as I can without ending my trip early. That can easily happen if I rush it, but I will limit my average daily mileage of 133 miles per day. i.e. 12000 mile/90 days = 133 miles.

If I want to stay longer at a certain town, or event, I'll double my daily mileage allocation to compensate for time.

Any interest, comments, or ideas, please feel free to reply.

Thanks in advance

KT
    Last edited by Guest; 05-13-2008, 08:51 PM.

Comment

$5750 seems a pretty good budget for incidentals if you hit headwinds or something... that's $63 bucks a day. Good luck with the trip Ken!

Dan
      1980 GS1000G - Sold
      1978 GS1000E - Finished!
      1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
      1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
      2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
      1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
      2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

If youre going to visit all those national parks dont leave home without this.....

National Parks Pass
        The new America the Beautiful – National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Pass – is an annual pass providing access to, and use of, Federal recreation sites that charge an entrance or standard amenity fee for a year, beginning from the date of sale. The cost of the pass is $80. You can purchase the pass online.
        82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Jadesystem dude,my wife and I are planning a trip over your way on the big old '79 'S.We are planning on 3 mths+ but wanted to get up into Canada as well.We'll be over in 2 to 3 years so we may be able to meet/ride together.It's going to be a huge adventure for us, so we'll have to stay in touch and do a bit of planning.I'm getting all gooey just thinking about it.Cheers,Simon.\\/

'79 GS1000S my daily ride in Aus

'82 (x2) GS650ET in the shed

Comment

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your input regarding the national ride. Yes, I will factor in
            issues that can cripple the route. Anything can happen and having
            a riding partner and reliable friend can make all the difference in the
            world.

Weather, campgrounds, alternate routes, crime prevention, thefts,
            flats, maintenance, money, breakdowns, etc.....

But here is my escape route - if at any point along the way I have a
            major breakdown whereas the bike cannot be repaired with extensive internal damage, or even a crash, And I am stranded whereas I have
            to resort in a local hotel stay with a rented car and holed-up for days while my bike is being repaired, I will pull the license off, dump the bike right on the side of the road, and hitchhike to the nearest airport for the
            next flight home. It is not worth it for me to continue on with unnecessary costs to maintain my bike if it is a huge expenditure in incidentals.

These classic GS bikes are a dime a dozen. I can easily replace it and
            will wash my hands on it. Not worth it to me as the hotel and living costs would eat away of any intrinsic value that bike would ever retain. It would be worthless to me.

I will always bring with me open airline tickets good to fly home at any point for any road emergencies that are unsalvagable. People might think I'm crazy to dump a repairable bike on the side of the road, but it makes
            perfect economic sense. I don't have time for it.

Another option that I have been reading from other GS posts, is to ask
            other GS brother who reside along the route if I can stay in their front
            yard or backyard to pitch a tent for shelter. This would allow me to meet
            with other GS brother, to meet their family, and to share my experiences of this national adventure. But most importantly, to keep the brotherhood
            and commeraderie we all share on this site.

As mentioned, I will refine the route with good research and brainstorm
            with issues that will avoid delays and cost overruns with miscalculations.
            This is the ultimate trip, and anything can happen. It is always good to ride in numbers of at least 1 or 2 other trusted friends.

Seeing America on your own is the most invigorating adventure any
            patriotic American citizen can take. Why Americans travel abroad before
            seeing their own country is beyond me. We're rich in history in a free nation under God. So much to see, undrstand, and cherish as free
            patriots in this great nation.

Thanks again,

KT :-D\\/

Comment

Thanks Simon, Dan, Salty Monk, and Bonanza, for your warm and
              positive comments. I'm looking for other GS brothers who can offer
              me their lawn or backyard where I can pitch a tent. Not only do I
              want to establish goodwill, warm relations, and GS brotherhood,
              but I would rather seek new friends in their own turf rather than
              camp-out just anywhere.

I offer other GS brothers too the same - to camp-out on my lawn
              or backyard deck. I'll make things very comfortable for you and also
              will show you around the SF bay area, Monterey, San Jose/Silicon
              Valley area, and of course, beautiful San Francisco.

Looking forward in meeting good GS brothers at your place or mine.
              You are always welcome here.

KT

Comment

Hi Simon,

I was in Australia last year. I arrived when Steve Irwin died. And 2 weeks
                later was on a plane back on the same day of his funeral. I wanted to attend his funeral as I was near there in the Gold Coast. I love Sydney,
                but my heart belongs to New Zealand. I had the chance to drive all the way to the tip of the northern island - that was awesome.

Auckland is a cool town, and the NZ people are just awesome. I stayed
                in Kings Head in Sydney, which is actually where everyone parties down
                when everywhere else closes. It is a kind of a red light district but is a classy area far different than other red light districts in America. They have nice clubs and great cafes. It is actually family-oriented least to
                say. I loved the Opera house and the Sydney Harbor Bridge. However,
                it is not cheap in Sydney. Everything is very expensive. Loved the city though.

You are welcome to come visit me here. Please do so as I welcome
                your arrival.

Talk to you soon my friend,

KT :-D

Comment

Man sounds Like its going to be a fun trip. Hopefully I'll be able to meet up with you when your in the dayton area.

Comment

Hi N1Elkyfan,

I'll be staying in Dayton for a few days because my brother lives in
                    Beavercreek. He has a custom home off of Hames Rd. And I also
                    run the USAF Marathon every year at the WPAFB near the Nutter
                    Center in Kettering. I'm itching to go there this month as they have
                    the Hamvention in Trotwood. Always wanted to visit this tradeshow
                    as the best in the country for ham radio enthusiasts.

I'll look you up friend when I'm there in July. I'll be there on business
                    in West Chester, but will stay in Dayton.

Take care, and thanks for your feedback,

Comment

KT,

Sounds awesome! When and if you come through Missouri let me know! Maybe we could ride together for a bit.

Comment

Good plan. Everything that broke on my trip was either totally my own fault or something you could live with for 10k miles or more, or both. I reckon you could get almost any part in a hurry if you ask for it here--from Joe Random Suzuki dealer probably not though. Most are only good at ordering parts. If you want to ride through Champaign, Illinois, I can't promise any good riding but I can promise good food and a comfortable place to sleep.

A few people I told about my trip asked me:
                        1. Why I didn't drive here if I have a car -and-
                        2. Why didn't I ride something newer and more reliable,
                        but if you ride your GS it will be obvious what you would miss out on in a car or a new bike. I don't want to give away too much of my story before it's over, but even the bad side of the road misadventures only take two days to turn into great memories. A bad crash is about the only thing that could ruin it.

Also good raingear, a seat pad, and a throttle rest are a must on one of these trips. That's cool that you're camping. I stayed with GSR folks and in motels. But I was by myself and pressed for time and other excuses ...

Comment

Ken,

If I'm around & have time maybe I'll meet up with you in LA & ride out with you from here for a couple days....

Dan
                          1980 GS1000G - Sold
                          1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                          1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                          1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                          2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                          1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                          2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Wish I could...

My buddy and I are thinking about doing one from San Diego to Panama. The continental US would also be cool.

Three suggestions...
                            1. I am a camper. Tent in the woods camping. $10 is a litte more than half of what I usually pay. Obviously camping on farmer Joe's land or a GSers is cheaper, which leads me to my next point...
                            2. That is a lot of highway riding, where you might miss out on some of the sights and sites. Leads me to next point.
                            3. In Georgia make sure you don't miss out on Andersonville and the POW museum there. It is between Macon and Valdosta. Also a guick (20 miles) jaunt from there over to Plains will get you to Jimmy Carter's house and hometown. Stop at Carter's in Americus for some great fried chicken... Do not plan on doing this part of your journey any later than June. We are already at 80 degrees in the beginning of May.
                            In Massachusetts don't miss out on Gloucester, Rockport, and the Cape Ann area. New Hampshire- Kangamangus highway and Mt Washington.

Comment

Hi PS,

Thanks for your e-mail reply. I'm accustomed to long road trips, but this will be the ultimate road trip in planning and preparation. It is the key to your enjoyment with minimal breakdowns to avoid. I strongly believe in
                              having Suzuki consumable parts on-hand is essential, and to be prepared for any adverse situation. You cannot be stranded anywhere or exposed to vulnerability and severe outside elements. This is camping, survival,
                              and being a road warrior all wrapped into one.

My last trip earlier this month was 950 miles in 4-days. It was a blast
                              and well-prepared, but severe weather in the Sierras caught us by surprise. Hypothermia and wind chill at 7000' was unbearable, but we managed to get down the mountain safely and in good time. It was
                              a dire situation you had to render quickly or it could have become a tragedy.

Think of all the things that could possibly go wrong with your bike,
                              and then get spare parts for that particular area. Always bring parts
                              that will enable you to get back up and running quickly.

Bring the following parts:

Clutch cable, speedo cable, fuses, headlamp bulb, instrumentation
                              bulbs, rear taillight bulb, seals, O-rings, 18-20ga wire, solderless connectors, tools, portable compressor/CO2 cartridges, patch kit,
                              spare plug, tube of Permatex gasket sealer, tube of superglue, cotter
                              pins, grommets, metric nuts, washers, and cap screws, 10-40 oil,
                              Dot 3 brake fluid, DVM, etc.... I do not recommend taking a bike
                              that has aftermarket 4-1 pipes that have no access to your oil
                              drain plug AND requires the removal of your center stand. If you
                              have a rear flat tire as in the front, and/or your chain snaps or
                              need to replace it, your dead in the water. These garbage pipes
                              have no place for long-distance touring.

As for other people's negative comments, I don't listen to them. The
                              older GS bikes have a serious following hence this website. They are relaible, has good acceptable performance, and are easy to repair.
                              There is good reason you and your friend are embarking on your Seattle trip - you both are adventurous and independent. And an older vintage
                              bike reflects your personality. All my bikes are 80s for good reason -
                              they were engineered well and built solid. Some of the specs on these older bikes are not on newer bikes. They've actually become inferior
                              as the line progressed and advanced throughout the years.

A case in point: the Honda Nighthawk 700SC 84-86. Pound for pound,
                              one of the best all around workhorse Honda ever developed. It has impeccable features that were not included in their present CB line as
                              it evolved. It was state-of-the-art and cutting edge. To this day, it
                              has never let me down when all of my other bikes - including 2 GS1100 and a GS1150 - are both down. Hydraulic clutch, 6-speed transmission,
                              shaft drive, gear indicator, anti-dive forks, hydrauklic tappets, oil cooler
                              galley in the frame, etc... made this bike bulletproof. It is virtually a maintenance-free bike. Most of these standard options are non-existant
                              on the newer CB line. And I like the naked exposed engine streamline
                              concept.

As for motels, that would eat-up your expenses very quickly. Avoid
                              motel rooms at all costs. It takes away your adventure and from nature
                              as well as your pocketbook. You want self-reliance and to watch your
                              bikes at all times. If it is freezing outside, that is different story. Make sure you get a room downstairs in the back away from the front office
                              and you put your bikes inside the room. I've done this many times. I remember one time I looked at the hotel's manager's eyes and told him point blank, "I will put my bike in my room"........."No oil will be on the carpet whatsoever" and he allowed me to do it. What could I say as
                              he gave me the room across from the office !!

Anyways, goodluck to you guys. I'll be monitoring your daily progress
                              to learn from it and to reflect on my own ride a few years from now.

Comment

Working...
                              X