Mississippi River Ride just got more difficult

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mississippi River Ride just got more difficult

I like to ride a loop from northeast Iowa up one side of the Mississippi into Minnesota and back down the Wisconsin side. However, this week MNDOT abruptly closed the bridge at Winona, MN. The next crossing north is Wabasha. (Remember the movie Grumpy Old Men? That was filmed/set in Wabasha.

Follow the StarTribune for the news, photos and videos from the Twin Cities and beyond.

Yep. I grew up in Winona. My Mom, Brother and Sis still live there. That bridge was a rickety old (1941) POS 30 years ago. Theres not alot to do on the WI side of that bridge but it makes it really tough for the WI folks coming to Winona to work and shop.

FYI: This new stamp at the post office is the Winona Bridge
    82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Dan, next time youre in Winona take a few minutes to drive up to the lookout. The view and the road are worth it.....

If you look close in the upper right you can see the bridge going over the Mississippi into WI. Heres a close up of the bridge.

82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Working...
      X