heading out for a ride on sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

heading out for a ride on sunday

I'm heading out on Sunday at about 5 AM for Colorado City to see a friend I used to work with, basically a lunch stop. Then to Colorado Springs and a quick stop at my younger brother's, then on to Denver.

I'll be in Denver until early Tuesday morning. I want to look up a couple of old friends that moved to Denver several years ago.

Tuesday I'm off to Kansas City to look up another old friend.

Wednesday I'm headed to Minneapolis, Mn to meet up with a Navy Buddy riding in from Kennewick, Wa. We'll spend the 12th there to hook up with another Navy buddy we haven't seen for 20+ years.

Then it's off to Chicago on the 13 th. Just be there late afternoon until the next morning.

Then off on the Mother Road Rally and should be in Santa Monica at the Pier on the 20th.

Then probably a stop in the Phoenix for a day or so to look up some old friends, 21 and 22.

Then head back home to New Mexico.

So far today we have had rain, snow, hail, and now it's sunny and warm. I have no clue what I'll get into when I leave on Sunday.

Comment

Have a Great Safe Ride Mike! Fill us in on the Adventure when You return.
      sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
      2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Weather should be great!

Finally. Forecast for Colorado Springs on Sunday is partly cloudy, 20 percent chance of thundershowers, highs near 80. Storms more likely in the PM than not.

Which bike are you riding? How are you going to/from Denver? I-25....Zzzzzzz,,,or Hwy 83...much better drive but puts you into Parker.

Comment

I'll be coming up 285 to Antonito, cutting over to San Luis on 142, then up to 160 and into Walsenburg, I-25 Colorado City to stop and have lunch with a friend, back on I25 to Colorado Springs for a quick stop at my brothers place, and then 83 up to Aurora.

I'll be riding the Wee Strom.

Comment

Working...
          X