Northeast Iowa and Southwest Wisconsin Flooding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Northeast Iowa and Southwest Wisconsin Flooding

In the past 2 days NE Iowa and SW Wisconsin have been hit with major flooding. For those who were on the Fennimore ride last year, the roads we were on in northern Allamakee county have been affected, as well as the roads in Crawford county. Gays Mills has flooded severely. Too early to tell the extent of damage to the roads, but no doubt it's going to take some time to get things put back together again.

The Upper Iowa river flows through Decorah, where I live. The river hit record levels yesterday, but fortunately the levies held. If you are interested, there are pictures from around my area at these links:

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

To give you a little perspective, the river crested at 17.9 feet yesterday. The normal level is about 4 feet.

Hope our other GSR members are doing ok. I know we have members in Cedar Falls, IA and Iowa City, IA - and those cities are also likely to have record floods.

We're getting what your sending - still feel bad for the chedder head friends from my home state.
    Hondas
    '73 ATC70 '85 XL125S '02 XR650L
    Suzuki
    '83 gs750t vin#551 '97 DR650
    Kaw
    '89 KLR650

sigpic

Comment

Get on the Ark ! More rain coming on Wednesday !!
      82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Working...
      X