Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Washington State - Over Snoqualmie Up to Stevens and Back Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Washington State - Over Snoqualmie Up to Stevens and Back Again...

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=e...27&ie=UTF8&z=9

Could not get the pics to show up but Tmwnni and I are hitting this up tomorrow... 90*.... is callign to us.. We'll get pics posted after we get back =)

Thats a nice ride . Been that way many times. Enjoy.

Comment

I went with some people from work to Winthrop on Saturday on higway 20 and then back to Seattle on highway 2--so half the route is the same. It was 96 degrees on the eastern side of the mountains! (I bought a mesh jacket yesterday for next time.) My GS was even less happy with the heat than I was--I had to get creative with the wiring harness to get a spark in the heat. (Time to blow $250 on electrical parts for a $1k bike ...)

A great ride though. Looking forward to your pics, since I didn't take any.

Comment

ok better late than never... I linked the photobucket so you can view the pics here you go...I warn you I had a bit of a accident and my new paint job took the kill ... along with my bare leg... =( | Don't worry though I like the trooper that I am is still riding leg and all.... I even finished the entire trip with it like that... It's the principal of the thing I tell ya

http://s273.photobucket.com/albums/j...20Pass%202008/

I expect a lecture from some more experienced folks... my only response is... It felt so good......
        Last edited by Guest; 07-06-2008, 04:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kcwiro View Post

I expect a lecture from some more experienced folks... my only response is... It felt so good......
          No lecture, but how did you dump it?

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

That is the lame part.... Tmwnni and I were pulling into Levenworth and we wanted to top off our tanks before we made the turn and run to Snoqualmie Pass...we had half a tank each but better safe than sorry.

In the process of center standing the bike near I got it almost all the way over that hump and it came off and leaned the wrong way *wish it had come towards me*

I grabbed onto it and tried to muscle it back up to keep it off the ground and my bare leg slipped onto the muffler and the searing pain of that burn made me bite my lip to hold onto the bike. It then tilted into Tmwnni GS which helped me hold it until he could come around and help me get it mine fully upright again. Thanks to my not letting it go I probably saved my bike getting more damage than just a scratched paint job.

Though the effort I put in was in the end in vein *paint got scratched*, Tmwnni and I share the opinion 'My leg can heal...and the paint can be fixed!'... and it is better than putting a huge dent in my tank.

Comment

So how was the sunburn on your shoulders afterwards?

Comment

Red....very red... don't hit me on the back red.... IT BURNS....

Think that about covers it

Now I just dealing with the peeling ...

Comment

Leg has almost all well.....shed... now the pinkness is there I'm sure that will likely be the looks of it for awhile now...

I will always keep sunscreen on me when I leave.. never depending on a gas station again...

Comment

Glad you are on the mend.
                    Live and learn.
                    Have a safe one.

Comment

Originally posted by Rat44 View Post
                      Thats a nice ride . Been that way many times. Enjoy.
                      Couldn't agree more. Did that route many times on my old Honda 750F before I left the Seattle area in 1984. Here's me getting my bike ready for a ride when I lived in Wallingford, just south of 45th, about 1982. I think I was headed for Lake Chelan.

Sorry about the shoes.

Comment

My leg has now actually gotten most of teh skin back.. it is a dead patch scar but it is probably gogin to take a few more layers of well peeling before it gets back to the way it is...

The ladies still love hearing the story... some girls have some real twisted minds I'm telling you

Comment

Working...
                        X