some pics of my junk, 81 gs450

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

some pics of my junk, 81 gs450

just got the engine in the hardtailed one, also put the drag bars on. hopefully I'll get the electrical wired tomorrow.

the red one fires, but needs a seat made up.

total price of them so far is about 800

Comment

Comment

They look good...

Lots of work ahead. The red one looks a lot like what I would love to do to my 850, I'm interested to see how it goes.

PS Love the picture of your helper with all the spare parts

Comment

Where did you get that seat? I'm currently stuck at that point on my bobber project.

I like the work you've one on the HT. Nice lines and the framework looks clean.
          Last edited by Guest; 08-02-2008, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Since everyone likes pix. Here's what she looks like thus far.

So far I've lowered the whole bike, raked the rear shox forward about 5 inches, made my fender and mounting brackets, and can't decide whether or not to make it kick start only or put the battery back on it since its only a 400.

Comment

Great thread! Keep the progress and pics coming.

Comment

Originally posted by fat_sac View Post
                Since everyone likes pix. Here's what she looks like thus far.

So far I've lowered the whole bike, raked the rear shox forward about 5 inches, made my fender and mounting brackets, and can't decide whether or not to make it kick start only or put the battery back on it since its only a 400.

id say make it kick only. if my 1980 gs450 had a kicker thats what id do.

Comment

nice projects! keep the progress pics coming.

Comment

Originally posted by fat_sac View Post
                    Where did you get that seat? I'm currently stuck at that point on my bobber project.

I like the work you've one on the HT. Nice lines and the framework looks clean.
                    link to store

good price and quality. I like your bike, are you gonna hard tail it of keep the springs? do you know of anyone adding a kick start to a 450?

Comment

this engine is now in the hardtail, since it doesn't need a rebuild

Comment

some more pics from today
                        did the swap in about an hour, had it started 15 minutes after that, thanks starbucks

some pics of the hardtail

Comment

my main priority is the hard tail bike, so the other one will be a parts bike until I finish, then it will probably get the cafe treatment

did this thing, whatever its called. welded the bracket and turned sleeved it so I could turn one end 90 degrees

Comment

in case anyone was wondering, the paint on the frame is just to keep surface rust in check

and the last shot, if anyone needs details on any aspect of the hard tail, feel free to ask

Comment

sorry for the hijack- so how do you lower the bike? i'm going to mod my 550.

Comment

Working...
                              X