ride,yes i said ride to daytona in feb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ride,yes i said ride to daytona in feb

ive always wanted to do it,any bike ,doesnt matter,whose got the balls to come along.btw,i will be starting 50 miles from the west coast.lets ride wild hogs.your right march
    Last edited by Guest; 08-28-2008, 12:56 AM.

Nice dream. I wish I had the freedom.

March would be better. Plan a landing in Daytona in time for Bike Week.

My Dad lives in Ocala. That would give us a place to stay. Hmm... Could I possibly talk myself into this?

Comment

How long you gonna take over it?

Dan
      1980 GS1000G - Sold
      1978 GS1000E - Finished!
      1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
      1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
      2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
      1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
      2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

i figure it will be a 2 week adventure.long stetches of ride(got to do at least 1 1000 mile for the iron butt patch) with stops at certain areas of interest,new orleans for sure.

Comment

Another pitstop oportunity is my Mom's place in Sun City, AZ. Not very far from I10. I know she'd put us up. And it would save a few bucks on motel expenses.

Geez, this would take some careful planning on my part. And I would have to clear it with my wife. One thing I know for sure, it can't be early Feb. Our 30th anniversary is Feb 8th.

Bike Week is 2/27 - 3/8. http://www.officialbikeweek.com/

Uhh, don't count me in just yet.

Comment

you are absolutely right tom,lots of planning,but its been on my bucket list for awhile now.the clock is ticking..lol

point being last friday one of the main players in the fjr forum,sat in his chair b4 dinner,wife went to get him 4 dinner......rip. 2 years younger than me at 51.

time to **** or get off the pot.

Comment

I just got done with a 4,000 mile trip and let me tell you, the 1000 miles in 24 hours challenge is not easy. Especially when you're going further after that. I was by myself though.

I say with a trip as long as yours, take it easy. Stop when you need to and don't worry so much about mileage. I was riding through 130 degree desert one day and it was absolutely brutal. I could only do maybe 6 or 7 hours of riding that day before I was exhausted. and that includes lots of stops to rehydrate.

On most of the other days I was doing 11 or 12 hours of riding and could have gone further if needed.

Comment

preparation for sure,i will be on my new fjr 1300,new corbin seat ordered,fold up highway peg upgrade ready,real cruise control going in november(not just a throttle pinch),custom passenger peg hydration system in the mail to me.xm radio and gps mount in the garage ready to be put on,i am trying to make myself as comforatable as possible.but most of all saddle time,did 400 last weekend,training....army training sir.lol

Comment

oh, I didn't know you were going to be on an FJR. That thing is a Cadillac! Have fun!

Comment

now that the board is back up,ive changed my mind,planning to ride next october to the barber museum for the barber days out there,less ride and more interesting.anyone wanna go.

Comment

I've been to Barber several times and, personally, prefer it to Daytona. Not nearly as commercial or crowded. If I'm able to, I'd be up for meeting you there. I'm North East of Birmingham so I'd be coming in a different route. However, if time permits, I could show you roads in Eastern TN that would make any CA rider envious.
                      Willie in TN
                      Common sense has become so uncommon that I consider it a super power.

Present Stable includes:
                      '74 GT750 Resto-mod I've owned since '79
                      '83 GS1100E (The best E I've ever enjoyed, Joe Nardy's former bike)
                      '82 GS1100G Resto project

Comment

sounds like a plan,thanks

Comment

Im riding to bike week on my GS. I have done it twice so far. I will be leaving NY on feb 28. I'll be there in time for the vintage racing at daytona starting the 2nd. Just one thing. My motorcycle frame is in my bedroom right now, behind me.

Comment

Working...
                          X