The Bluffs of Prescot WI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Bluffs of Prescot WI

It is beautiful just riding along the cliffs and Bluffs of the Mississippi up here in the midwest where we get to ride for 5-6 months.

You can go for hours but if you go about an hour you can stop at this little ice cream shop it is really nice and worth it for a nice little ride.

we plan on doing a run along the mississippi this summer.Will start up north and bring em south.Cant wait for good weather its been a long winter.

Comment

Lets set a date..............

Heres a shot from the MN side
      82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

I would like to incorporate a bit of that into my cross country trip. Currently, I'm planning on heading North on the West side of MSP and hitting Deluth MN then East.

What routes do you suggest?
        sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Originally posted by 850 Combat View Post
          I would like to incorporate a bit of that into my cross country trip. Currently, I'm planning on heading North on the West side of MSP and hitting Deluth MN then East.

What routes do you suggest?
          Hwy 35 on the Wisconsin side all the way to Duluth. Its not all that. Hwy 35 south down to IA from Mpls is pretty cool and Hwy 61 on the MN side of the river is also very scenic. From Mpls to Duluth, on the MN side, you might as well use the I35 interstate (3hrs) and save the back roads for somewhere with more views.
          82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Originally posted by 82glx View Post
            we plan on doing a run along the mississippi this summer.Will start up north and bring em south.Cant wait for good weather its been a long winter.

If you get into MO, rt 79 between Louisiana and Hanibal, MO is an awesome ride with great views.

Comment

These are views I get every summer. I take about three solo weekend motorcycle camping trips every summer. I pretty much restrict my riding from Galena to La Crosse, but only some along the river. After all these years, I still find lots of great roads I’ve never been on. Thanks for posting the picture – as miserable as this winter has been (I don’t ski), it won’t last forever.
              "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist." Bishop Helder Camara

"Beware of the man with only one gun. He probably knows how to use it."

82 GS1100E....black w/WC fairing and plenty o corrosion and low levels of attention

Comment

Working...
              X