hwy 150/hwy 33 in SoCal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hwy 150/hwy 33 in SoCal

My favorite ride so far to take is going from Santa Barbara to Ojai on the 150, and from Ojai up the 33 to Wolf's tavern (an old, abandoned inn). Here's a short video that might explain why better than I can. Yes..I am on the ratty gs450 in front of the camera bike., I wish i could post the video directly here.

a run up the HWY 33. I am in front of the camera bike

You get that "Rat" pretty wound up ! Just one question: Whats that coming over the hill ?
    82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Even thought it is a popular "Harley" route I've done it a few times. Just one big loop.
      1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
      1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Another So Cal rider... you should be coming to Escondido on our rally
        1980 GS1000G - Sold
        1978 GS1000E - Finished!
        1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
        1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
        2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
        1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
        2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
          You get that "Rat" pretty wound up ! Just one question: Whats that coming over the hill ?
          My friends joked that i was making a "mexican ducati", hence, the "monster" song.

Escondido is way out of the way, Not sure if I want to ride all the way there on an over sprung bike with 1/2" of foam as a seat.

Comment

Hwy 33

Nice ride. I was out there once last summer but on my old 750E. The GS1100 would have been much more enjoyable. Nice video ride.

Pos

Comment

Originally posted by curseboy View Post
              Escondido is way out of the way, Not sure if I want to ride all the way there on an over sprung bike with 1/2" of foam as a seat.
              It's 2 hrs from me... Where are you? Gotta be closer than Yosemite.. we did that in one day easy from here last year & the year before.

Dan
              1980 GS1000G - Sold
              1978 GS1000E - Finished!

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Awwww, c'mon! It's not that far, I'm going...

Comment

I am in Santa Barbara. 200 miles away.

Comment

That's a nice easy run then... Yosemite was over 300 for me "the long way round".
                    1980 GS1000G - Sold
                    1978 GS1000E - Finished!

Comment

I'm coming from sh!tkicker hell HMM I mean Bakersfield.
                      1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                      1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

It was a bit far

but I did 1700 miles in 4 days on the Yosimite trip. I'm in SB as well.

Pos

Comment

I'll think about going for a day. I can't commit a full weekend to something like this.

Comment

Don't let us force you into a fun trip... sure there will be something nice on the TV
                            1980 GS1000G - Sold
                            1978 GS1000E - Finished!

Comment

Any of you guys ever spend a weekend at the Songdog Ranch in New Cuyama? Its not far from SB or Ojai. I used to make it up there for the campouts when I lived in Hermosa Beach. Good roads, good food and good people.
                              Willie in TN
                              Common sense has become so uncommon that I consider it a super power.

Present Stable includes:
                              '74 GT750 Resto-mod I've owned since '79
                              '83 GS1100E (The best E I've ever enjoyed, Joe Nardy's former bike)
                              '82 GS1100G Resto project

Comment

Working...
                              X