Brown County, Indiana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brown County, Indiana

Here's a small photo gallery from a ride this last Saturday (March 14, 2009) with me (bwringer), Al Jones (awjonesii), and Tim Rose (twr1776):

A preview of the delights within, taken along a little country road I like to call BumpAss Pass:

Our first BC ride was actually last Thursday, March 5, but I didn't think to bring a camera.

Al's new 1997 TL1000S outside the Story Inn just before we went in to devour breakfast. We came, we saw, we ate it all. With this sexy beast in the stable, Al's poor GS850GL doesn't get much lovin' these days...

A great day riding, and the roads were in pretty dang good shape, too. Last Thursday they were piled with sand and gravel everywhere, but things were pretty clean this time.
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Looks like you guys had a fun day. How'd Al like his new fork springs ?
    Larry D
    1980 GS450S
    1981 GS450S
    2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

I'm gonna start having some free weekends soon. I'll have to see if I can join up w/you guys soon for a ride! Time to stretch the legs on my new-to-me 2004 SV1000s
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Larry D View Post
        Looks like you guys had a fun day. How'd Al like his new fork springs ?
        The fork springs are pretty dang great. Just a couple of damping tweaks in the morning, and Al was very happy. It's even much more comfortable now that the forks aren't bottoming out and the bike isn't riding nose-down.

For those who didn't drop by my garage, we were up until about 1:00 am the night before installing new Race Tech fork springs in Al's TL.

I'm pretty sure we got everything torqued correctly...
        Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Originally posted by oramac View Post
          I'm gonna start having some free weekends soon. I'll have to see if I can join up w/you guys soon for a ride! Time to stretch the legs on my new-to-me 2004 SV1000s
          Excellent idea. I'll PM you my direct contact info.
          Eat more venison.

Comment

Great pix.

Well, guess I won't be following Al this year with his new steed. It was hard enough keeping up with him on his GS.

Comment

Yes, Al was proof that an "L" could be fast!
              sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
              2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Well I do like the TL - its a lot of fun to ride. One thing I have to do is upgrade the rear shock soon. I'm not sure I am going to get one in before the rally or not. I have to order tires and new brake lines/pads already.

Definitely looking forward to the BC Rally.
                Al Jones
                82 Suzuki GS850GL
                97 Suzuki TL1000S
                "Godspeed and may your rubber not fail".
                Bill Cosby - "A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
                sigpic

___ -\
                (O)--(O)

Comment

Working...
                X