The Dragon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Dragon

View pictures of the winter wok on killboy.com , notice the XR1200 ,my neighbor and riding pal.And after all those Harley jokes I have had to endure!!

link????????

Comment

A few friends and I are planning on going down the 1st part of June...

Comment

Originally posted by terrylee2u View Post
        http://www.killboy.com/
        A few friends and I are planning on going down the 1st part of June...
        well I hope your going when the rest of us are http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=135876

Comment

Actually yes.. it seems that we will be.. we was going to leave on Wed. but a couple of friends have to wait for payday.. so we will be leaving here on the 11th.. riding down and spending the night at a hotel.. ride the dragon's tail Friday and look around take pics and all that... then we will be leaving sometime saturday (probably is the morning due to one of the riders is my pastor and he needs to be home for Sunday morning services). I will be on my 1100L and my bud and his wife should be on his 750B.. every0ne else I think are riding Harley's. Hope to see you guys down there.. we'll be the ones getting passed by everyone...

Comment

like that last pic as well.

Comment

I have heard you should ride the BlueRidge Parkway if you are near the draggon. Watch out for cops

Comment

Check out the Snake (421 in TN) if going to the Dragon. Its about 1 1/2 hrs North of the Dragon pretty close to I-81. Time well spent. I live near enough to ride either one. Given a choice, I prefer 421. Alot less idiots and 18 wheelers. Yeah, 18 wheelers trying to inch around blind corners that are so tight that they have to go onto the shoulder of the oncoming lane. FWIW, every time I ride the Dragon I tell myself that it'll be the last time. None the less, I return but only about once a yr.
                Willie in TN
                PS
                I'd be happy to show anyone coming down I-81 or I-26 or I-25E some roads that you'll be glad you took the extra time to enjoy.
                Common sense has become so uncommon that I consider it a super power.

Present Stable includes:
                '74 GT750 Resto-mod I've owned since '79
                '83 GS1100E (The best E I've ever enjoyed, Joe Nardy's former bike)
                '82 GS1100G Resto project

Comment

yeah but the ones taking said roads are only following directions given to them so you cant blame the trucks or the drivers but the one who made the road and the dispatchers. sorry but i have to stick up for my fellow truckers just like i do for my fellow riders

Comment

I think you may've misunderstood the point of my post. It wasn't not to knock any truckers, I was one too, both OTR and local runs in NYC (like going to the movies, lol). It was to point out the hazards re: riding the Dragon. I did use the word "idiots" in the same sentence as 18 wheelers but seperated those two with "and". The idiots I was referring to are those who risk the safety of others by driving in a manner beyond what would typically be considered merely unlawfully. I've seen riders passing around blind corners in the middle of oncoming traffic. IMHO those riders are idiots. Again, just giving riders a headsup on what they may encounter on the Dragon. What I didn't mention, but will here, is the occassional overwhelming law enforcement presence. Riders are wise to have their paperwork and rides in order and to not exceed the posted speed limits or cross the centerline. Violations with any of these can result in stiff fines at the least.
                    There are equally entertaining roads in the area with far more potential for a memorable riding experience for all the right reasons.
                    Willie in TN
                    Common sense has become so uncommon that I consider it a super power.

Present Stable includes:
                    '74 GT750 Resto-mod I've owned since '79
                    '83 GS1100E (The best E I've ever enjoyed, Joe Nardy's former bike)
                    '82 GS1100G Resto project

Comment

yeah i did misread, but you know how some people are that have no time behind the wheel of a big truck and assume you can do things not capable in such a large vehicle/.

just watching some of the youtube vids about the dragon and yeah some of the rocket riders talking about the trucks how they cannot stay in their own lane shouldnt be allowed etc.

Comment

Originally posted by kilog55 View Post
                        yeah i did misread, but you know how some people are that have no time behind the wheel of a big truck and assume you can do things not capable in such a large vehicle/.

just watching some of the youtube vids about the dragon and yeah some of the rocket riders talking about the trucks how they cannot stay in their own lane shouldnt be allowed etc.
                        Seems they are the ones who shouldn't be allowed.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

yeah ive seen some vids on there this one guy has a huge chip on his shoulder about the riders who do 30 around the dragon, he was ripping up on em hanging back flying back up passing on the inside of a left corner ripping a wheelie as he was passing them, and they shouldnt be allowed on there as he felt they are ruining a perfectly good free road course.

Comment

Working...
                          X