Need to find a tinted helmet shield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to find a tinted helmet shield

I have an AFX full face helmet. It's not bad, but sometimes I forget my sunglasses and ride into the sunset. Anyone know where I can get a tinted face shield for an AFX helmet? The model is an FX-10 if that helps.

I ordered one for my HJC from newenough.com
    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Dennis Kirk stocks AFX parts, unless that helmet is 10 years old or something.

Of course, their web site is a hateful cluster(you-know-what), so you may need to look it up in one of their printed catalogs.
      1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
      2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
      2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
      Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Can't answer the question, but methinks once you get a tinted shield you'll never go back, in the daytime anyway. Go for a long ride with others without one and see who has pink, sunburned cheeks at the end of the day and who doesn't.

Wringer... your sig is chock full o' win... I salute in your general direction

Comment

OK, this is how bored I am... I have here the DK catalog, and they do indeed have a selection of shields and parts for the FX-10.

Part # 32-3212 is a smoke shield

Originally posted by MissFabulous View Post
          Wringer... your sig is chock full o' win... I salute in your general direction
          Aw shucks, thanks!
          Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

IMHO tinted is good but mirrored is better.
            My daily commute is into the sun both ways. I tried a smoked/tinted visor and was ok, but by far the best for into the sun riding was a mirrored visor (which also had a light tint as well).
            Cheers
            Last edited by Guest; 03-27-2009, 11:53 PM.

Comment

OK, fine they have mirrored shields in several hues as well...

Gold 32-3644
              Silver 32-3645
              Blue 32-4574
              Green 32-4575
              Clear Mirrored 32-4038

There's also a smoke gradient (32-5556) and what I'm sure is a fetching pink gradient (32-5795).

Eat more venison.

Comment

Thanks a lot. I know the mirrored shields cost more, but they look so much cooler. Now I can be like the Stig.

Comment

Working...
                X