New place to get oem parts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New place to get oem parts!

Hey guys i just wanted to tell you that a local shop to me just put their parts online. They have the same availibility on oem as bike bandit but they have better quality fiche's. Oh and the best part is they have 15% off if you get it on line verses the store. They will also ship the parts or you can do pick up if your in the champaign urbana illinois part. The website is http://www.sportlandmotorsports.com/
    . There you go guys just wanted to share.
    Last edited by Guest; 04-03-2009, 04:11 PM.

Originally posted by twiggy2cents View Post
    Hey guys i just wanted to tell you that a local shop to me just put their parts online. They have the same availibility on oem as bike bandit but they have better quality fiche's. Oh and the best part is they have 15% off if you get it on line verses the store. They will also ship the parts or you can do pick up if your in the champaign urbana illinois part. The website is www.sportlandmotorsports.com. There you go guys just wanted to share.

If you're in the DFW area Yamaha Suzuki of Texas is doing the same thing. In store pickup; no shipping charge.

Same on-line parts fiche as everyone else.

Comment

Hey guys i just wanted to tell you that a local shop to me just put their parts online. They have the same availibility on oem as bike bandit but they have better quality fiche's. Oh and the best part is they have 15% off if you get it on line verses the store. They will also ship the parts or you can do pick up if your in the champaign urbana illinois part. The website is www.sportlandmotorsports.com. There you go guys just wanted to share.
      Link no worky

This should http://www.sportlandmotorsports.com/

Thanks for the tip.

Comment

Linkage update to correct interwebz

Comment

Champain is a bit of a drive.. but it's closer than bike bandit....

Comment

crotchrocket.com = source for OE parts

These guys are not new, but I used them for all my OE parts on the Magna build a couple years ago and again on the GS build last summer. Their pricing is great and they are fast to ship with great customer service to boot. They also allow free pickup if you live in Jonesboro, AR area. If you need to call them for any reason, ask for Connie...she rocks!

CrotchRocket.com is available for purchase. Get in touch to discuss the possibilities!

Comment

Originally posted by Bribird View Post
              These guys are not new, but I used them for all my OE parts on the Magna build a couple years ago and again on the GS build last summer. Their pricing is great and they are fast to ship with great customer service to boot. They also allow free pickup if you live in Jonesboro, AR area. If you need to call them for any reason, ask for Connie...she rocks!

http://www.crotchrocket.com/
              Glad to hear they cleaned up their act. They made a lot of enemies a couple of years ago.
              1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
              2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
              2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
              Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

FWIW, Flat Out is located here in Indy, and has the lowest online parts prices. The trouble is that they automatically charge a hefty minimum shipping fee, even if you're local.

There's another place near me with parts prices only slightly higher, and they happily allow you to come and pick up your parts with no shipping fees:
                http://www.westfieldsuzuki.net (Westfield is a suburb a little north of Indy.)

Wherever you are, check around -- most dealers have the same Power Sports Network site and fiches, and many have online pricing that's much cheaper than going into the store and waking up a parts monkey. You might have to pay sales tax, but you can usually avoid shipping charges, you have better recourse is something's wrong, and you're supporting local business.

Besides, it's an excuse to go drool on new bikes and gear while picking up parts for my old bikes.
                1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
                  FWIW, Flat Out is located here in Indy, and has the lowest online parts prices. The trouble is that they automatically charge a hefty minimum shipping fee, even if you're local.

There's another place near me with parts prices only slightly higher, and they happily allow you to come and pick up your parts with no shipping fees:
                  http://www.westfieldsuzuki.net (Westfield is a suburb a little north of Indy.)

Wherever you are, check around -- most dealers have the same Power Sports Network site and fiches, and many have online pricing that's much cheaper than going into the store and waking up a parts monkey. You might have to pay sales tax, but you can usually avoid shipping charges, you have better recourse is something's wrong, and you're supporting local business.

Besides, it's an excuse to go drool on new bikes and gear while picking up parts for my old bikes.
                  heh... part's monkies... I'd say that's about right. I've been given the wrong oil filter about 3 times by my local dealer. The part's monkey will bring it to me and I have to say.. "nope, try again".

Comment

I just checked out this site. Bookmarked. I can't beleive the quality of the fiche. Much superior to bike bandit's.

Comment

Cheap Cycle Parts. com out of Indiana is a good one also

Comment

Doesn't go back far enough for me--I have a 79 750

Comment

Hey guys i just wanted to tell you that a local shop to me just put their parts online. They have the same availibility on oem as bike bandit but they have better quality fiche's. Oh and the best part is they have 15% off if you get it on line verses the store. They will also ship the parts or you can do pick up if your in the champaign urbana illinois part. The website is http://www.sportlandmotorsports.com/

In my semi-boycot of BB, I am trying this place and I will report back how it goes. I ordered 4 boots for my air box.

Prices seem really good. Cheaper than BB.

Rick

Comment

Reporting Back-Sportlandmotorsports

Originally Posted by twiggy2cents

Originally posted by ryonker View Post
                            In my semi-boycot of BB, I am trying this place and I will report back how it goes. I ordered 4 boots for my air box.

Prices seem really good. Cheaper than BB.

Rick
                            Well, I decided to try an experiment and went with www.sportlandmotorsports.com for some OEM parts. Wow. Great service. I ordered online and for the heck of it, called in two days to check. They answered the phone right away and spoke in clear/understandable english.

They said, we got the parts coming, they will be in Friday and you should get them the next week. Cool, I thought. So I called the next Monday and the parts guy said, "Parts were mailed out Friday, UPS. Here is the Tracking Number ..." Then he said, no wait, it says the package should be out for delivery. 20 minutes later the UPS guys is at the door.

I HIGHLY recommend this place. Thanks for the recommendation Twiggy!

Rick

Comment

I'm actually their #1 online customer. I park and before I'm through the doors my parts are on the counter.

Comment

Working...
                              X