Parts out of Japan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parts out of Japan?

Has anybody ordered parts from Japan, through websites or other means?
    I have been told that there are a lot of GS parts available still in Japan.
    My wife is Japanese and we have mechanics and what not in the family, before i ask them to look for me i thought i would see if there is any advice out there about this.
    Also if any other aussie want to combine some shipping?
    Thanks.

I've heard of this being done, so I'll be watching with interest.

My wife speaks excellent English, yet is entirely incapable of returning from the local parts store with the correct part or tool. After long practice, she has learned to purchase 5W-30 oil for her truck's engine instead of transmission fluid or gear oil, and to add the oil in the correct place. We're still working on the proper operation of a dip stick rather than dumping in half a bottle of oil at random intervals.

Anyway, you see the point... I guess that's why you mentioned the mechanics in her family.
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Yep, i know what you mean.

The mechanic in the family actually collects a type of old japanese scooter called a Rabbit, and he has over a hundred of them, so i think he could source out some parts for a GS if they are still available.

Comment

i think it comes down to money! i think there like othere bikes- you send them a frame with title- they will build a bike for you ,new!, its all about the money, im sure there are a lot of parts in japan,and they still have the molds

Comment

Ive dealt quite a bit with a place in Japan called Motorcycle Yamiya while searching for parts for my Honda CB750. They deal pretty much exlusively in NOS or high quality reproduction Honda CB750 parts and acessories. The prices are high, but the parts are extremely good quality, and very hard to find parts elsewhere. I have yet to search for a similar GS related company, but I'm sure they are out there http://www.yamiya750e.com/

Ive had great luck with Yamiya...

Jeff (teet)
          Last edited by Guest; 06-22-2009, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by teet View Post
            Ive dealt quite a bit with a place in Japan called Motorcycle Yamiya while searching for parts for my Honda CB750. They deal pretty much exlusively in NOS or high quality reproduction Honda CB750 parts and acessories. The prices are high, but the parts are extremely good quality, and very hard to find parts elsewhere. I have yet to search for a similar GS related company, but I'm sure they are out there http://www.yamiya750e.com/

Ive had great luck with Yamiya...

Jeff (teet)
            Thanks Teet,
            Ill check it out.

Comment

I looked around the Vesrah site in Japan when I was looking for GS1000 valves, and found them, but they were discontinued. I eventually found what must have been the last set of new Vesrah GS1000 valves in the world, and when I installed them, one had a manufacturing defect and I couldn't use it... DOH!

Comment

Working...
              X