Philly to Martha's Vineyard...route suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Philly to Martha's Vineyard...route suggestions

I'm headed from Philly to Martha's Vineyard next Thursday. Coming home on Sunday.

Any suggestions on a leisurely way of getting there???

Josh, not trying to change your mind, I don't know what your plans are, but......Block Island is a little closer, and offers ferries to take the bike over, and is way......more fun at night....bars, bands.. ect...Marthas Vineyard is very nice...but when the sun goes down there isn't much to do for a young guy, anyway just my 2 cents, you might be meeting a hot date in Martha's, so this reply then gets voided ---have fun on your ride!!

Comment

hey Cromwell,

Yeah, I'm visiting friends who live on the island. I am going to a wedding!

Do you live in the area? Any suggestions on roads I should take.

I've always just slabbed it my car there. Thought the bike would be a tad more fun.

Comment

I'd probably take 287 around the NYC metro area. i95 is going to be no fun but at least you aren't going on a weekend. Do you have ferry reservations? (link at bottom) You can probably get on the next ferry going as a stand by passenger since you have a bike. Taking a car is usually more hassle than its worth.

Say hi to my sister, she lives there.
        Sarah Young, owner of Vineyard Sky Bead Design, takes passion in making custom beaded jewelry. With over thirty years of experience, our jewelry is handmade with meticulous detail, high quality craftsmanship and a distinctive sense of color, balance and style. Click to view more!

Shop Beautiful beaded jewelry of all kinds by vineyardsky located in Vineyard Haven, Massachusetts.

/\/\ac

Comment

called woodshole the other day. They said they will be on the ferry no problem, without a rezzie with the bike.

Very cool your sister is and there and an artist to boot. My friends are first generation natives to the island. Mayhews. I wouldn;t be surprised if she knows them as they are artists as well.

I might take 95 to dansbury and THEN take back roads. Not sure yet.

thanks for info!

Comment

Working...
          X