july 2009.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

july 2009.

SHARP BIKE scott! good job! i looked at the photo and for a second wondered if those were a stock option! fantastic work!

I may consider adding those to my bike someday if I can find a pair. Very nice!

Comment

Very very cool Scott. Its got me sorta thinkin bout trying the same. Although, if i get a B12, dear Essie will be put back to BONE stock and semi retired.

Comment

Very Sharp Ride ! Congrats on BOM.

Originally posted by bryan View Post
        I may consider adding those to my bike someday if I can find a pair. Very nice!
        82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

July BOM

Thank you very much! I feel honored to have my ES grace the pages of this incredible forum. And while it is very nice to hear the compliments, I’m most grateful for being able to hang out, learn more about our bikes, catch a ride or rally together with fellow GS’ers, and sometimes, help one another out.

And, a very special Thanks to Frank, Mark and Dan for their great efforts to keep everything up and running so we can all enjoy it!
          Scott
          1982 GS1000S #1 bought in 84, #2 gone, #3 in hibernation
          1983 GS1100ES #1 (bought in 03, July 09 BOM, 65k traded in 17), #2 New daily rider, #3 in hibernation
          1982 GS1100E Red #1 - Original owner, sold in 93, #2 (Red) sold in 20 to Andy B
          2018 Gold Wing Tour - new out of the crate 1st non-Suzuki in 38 years
          sigpic

Comment

Very, VERY nice work.
            sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
            2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Beautiful bike and a great story to go with it. Thanks for sharing.
              sigpic[Tom]

“The greatest service this country could render the rest of the world would be to put its own house in order and to make of American civilization an example of decency, humanity, and societal success from which others could derive whatever they might find useful to their own purposes.” George Kennan

Comment

Very nice, can't wait to see it at Moosehead
                McLoud
                '79 GS850
                `98 GSF1200 Bandit
                sigpic
                http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...php?groupid=13

Comment

If there was a "Bike of the Year" .......

Comment

Scott, georgeous bike and the weather helps pop those colors. Too many people think that all "beauty" shots have to be on bright sunny days. Ain't true. God's soft-box works very well, plus the darker clouds add texture.
                    So congrat's on the bike and congrat's on shooting her in perfect weather.

Comment

VERY tasteful! Adding the GK bags was a great idea. I love mine. Congratulations on making BOM.
                      Willie in TN
                      Common sense has become so uncommon that I consider it a super power.

Present Stable includes:
                      '74 GT750 Resto-mod I've owned since '79
                      '83 GS1100E (The best E I've ever enjoyed, Joe Nardy's former bike)
                      '82 GS1100G Resto project

Comment

Hey! That's a Concours with a Zookie motor and a shaved down fairing! Nice work.

Comment

Scott,

Nice !

I recognized the GK bags & mounting bars and thought "what a great idea". I suppose that in addition to just the idea, the actaull finding a place and a way to mount them was a project.
                          And your idea of keeping the GK stock paint pattern but making it match the ES was a great idea also.

And great picture.
                          In my opinion get better photo results from overcast days (no harsh shadows) than on sunny days, but the grey sky is a drab background. But partly cloudy adds to the background. So the conditions you have there are great. And a great background whatever the weather conditions.

All around great submission for Photo Of The Month.
                          Well worthy of its prompt selection.

And thanks for the story.

Dave "Redman"

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Your bike with those bags looks like it came from the factory that way. Great "parallel thinking", a sharp looking sport touring machine! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Those GK bags give that bike great form and function.

Nick Diaz
                              former GK owner

Comment

Working...
                              X