Artesian Well Sports Bar - Southeast Michigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Artesian Well Sports Bar - Southeast Michigan

Wazz & Tina, myself, and Wazzs brother in law ("DH" Joe) went for a last minute ride into Michigan yesterday. Wazz had the KMW, I had my 1100, and "DH" Joe was on his Seca 750. It was perfect weather and we ended up having a great 400+ mile day of mostly two lane and not very busy roads. Lots of little lakes and small towns along our route of M-60 east to M-99 south to US 12 and east to our destination. The Artesian bar has some bikes in the upper windows and a bunch of sports memoribilia on the walls and as usual a big HD crowd. We had lunch (average grub) but after lunch we walked next door to the motorcycle dealer that was open to look at new bikes. They had HD, Suzuki, Kawasaki, and Honda all under one roof which I have not seen before. A good inventory to check out which we did. The building is kind on split up into two areas, bikes on one side and the HD T-shirt, crash beanie, & pirate fitting room area was in the back. I ended up walking back towards the t-shirt area and found they have a small bike collection hidden a bit off to the side. We found the below bikes all in good shape in this dealers collection. Of course none of us had cameras with us but these are the highlights of what we saw.

Honda CBX 6 cylinder - Supersport mini fairing model with Supertrapp stainless steel exhaust, K&N pods and with what Wazz thought were possibly Lockhart made matching lowers, a Suzuki RE5 rotary, a Yamaha Seca 650 turbo, a couple Harley Superglides and also a Harley Cafe one year Model. They also had some of the bi-centennial Harleys with OEM special paint jobs and some other bikes of note to check out.

Since we do not have many curves around this area destination riding is what keeps up sane between Brown County trips or other GS rallies. 200+ miles one way is a bit over the top for a place to go but after we left it was so nice out we just kept riding and ended up making it all the way there. It sure was interesting to see the suprise selection of "vintage" bikes they had on hand.

Find all the information for Artesian Wells Sports Tavern on MerchantCircle. Call: 517-547-8777, get directions to 18711 US Highway 12, Cement City, MI, 49233, company website, reviews, ratings, and more!
    82 GS850L - The Original http://s224.photobucket.com/albums/d...ePics067-1.jpg
    81 GS1000L - Brown County Hooligan http://s224.photobucket.com/albums/d...ivePics071.jpg
    83 GS1100L - Super Slab Machine http://s224.photobucket.com/albums/d...t=DCP_1887.jpg
    06 KLR650 - "The Clown Bike" http://s224.photobucket.com/albums/d...nt=SERally.jpg
    AKA "Mr Awesome"

Tim, I will look on map to see what city/town that is. M99 & US12, you say. Maybe concider it for a ride.

Oh, and keep in mind that eastern Indiana is next to western Michigan.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

The Artisen Well is located at 127 and 20, Cement City is the closest town, neat place for lunch. They actually have 3 artisen wells on the property BTW.

Several bikes mounted up high on the wall, CBX Supersport, Captian America bike, mostly H-D of course, but cool none the less.

The dealership next door handles H-D, Suzuki, Honda and Kawasaki, so it's a good time climbing from V-Stroms to Wings, etc.

Best find was the back room museum Tim wandered into, great find. This is where we found the well equipped CBX , RE5 and Seca turbo. Again mostly HD stuff, but we like about anything two-wheeled.

M66, 99 and 12 are all nice rides, day was going well until I followed some GPS directions taking us off 12 and thru town down to 20. My fault, should have stayed on 12 all the way to New Buffalo....next time.

-greg
      Last edited by wazz; 07-15-2009, 04:04 PM.
      Loud pipes saves squirrel lives.....

Comment

Originally posted by wazz View Post
        The Artisen Well is located at 127 and 20, Cement City is the closest town, neat place for lunch. ........
        -greg
        127, that would be fairly central Michigan. Man, you guys sure get around.

Sounds like an interesting place, the dealer back room especially.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Working...
        X