Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today

Gorgeous day especially after all the rain the Northeast has been getting. Took RT 111 out to Rye beach and took the coast road north for a bit. Place was busy. Fools parking a mile away from the beach and lugging chairs and coolers so they could sit elbow to elbow with everyone else. Did @ 75 miles total. That seems to be my limit now that I'm older and my shoulders and back just ain't like they used to be. Put 1100E bars on over last winter that I bought from a forum member whose name escapes me right now and they are a HUGE improvement over the old sportsman bars I had before. Still went for the ibus when I got home. Ride safe.

Nice photo of the bike.

You say you changed the bars.
    Did you also change the seat?
    Looks like a seat from a GK.
    A stock G seat is more flat, you could move back and forth more to adjust seating position, maybe help out with your getting sore. But a G seat is also wider.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
      Nice photo of the bike.

You say you changed the bars.
      Did you also change the seat?
      Looks like a seat from a GK.
      A stock G seat is more flat, you could move back and forth more to adjust seating position, maybe help out with your getting sore. But a G seat is also wider.

The G seat I had was toast. Ridden hard and put away wet. Original seat pan was heavily rusted. Picked the GK seat up off of a forum member. Although I'm a tall goober I have really come to like it. My wife is a shortie and I think she likes the raised view. Bike fits and my arse doesn't complain. I think it is the 3-4 hours off riding in the same position. I'm old(er). Sigh...

Comment

Working...
      X