Deal's Gap on a Wing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deal's Gap on a Wing?

I've been riding with Gold Wingers for years, and I can tell you the GL1800 is a surprisingly superb handling motorcycle. What my friends can do with those bikes is incredible.

I've seen that clip before, and enjoy watching it every time.

Nick Diaz
    Middletown, MD

Comment

i wish i had the skill and guts to ride like that on my 1100G!

Comment

Yeah, he goes by YellowWolf over at sport-touring.net

Supposedly, he "retired" from running the gap and sold his street bikes.

Comment

If im not mistaken, the guy in that video also ran the IronButt. Only he ran it on The Dragon. Steve and I were talking about it, and I think we figured it took him 56 times going each way, 23 hours and some change was what he recorded, an average speed of 61 MPH. Now, its impressive, to me, that he managed that speed average over the Dragon. Whats even MORE impressive to me is that half the time, he was doing it in the DARK

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
            If im not mistaken, the guy in that video also ran the IronButt. Only he ran it on The Dragon. Steve and I were talking about it, and I think we figured it took him 56 times going each way, 23 hours and some change was what he recorded, an average speed of 61 MPH. Now, its impressive, to me, that he managed that speed average over the Dragon. Whats even MORE impressive to me is that half the time, he was doing it in the DARK
            I get exhausted after an out and back through there...
            Currently bikeless
            '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
            '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Wow..I get motion sickness just watching that!

Comment

that... is amazing.

*scrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrape*

oh man, I love it

Comment

I've watched this several time before myself.. both those guys are on wings from my understanding... both have skills.. I'm amazed that they both stay in their lane while running those speeds.
                  I would love to see the video of the whole run

Comment

A couple friends of mine bought new wings a couple years ago.
                    I can't believe the power and handling.

They leave the squids in the dust!

(Even my old ZL900 did pretty good in the twistys, after modding the the stock suspension.)

Comment

YellowWolf is a local legend. The guy is phenomenal. Rumor has it he cuts the pipes on his Wing because he was scrapping them when he did wheelies. See him around now and then but never had the chance to talk to him.
                      -1978 Suzuki GS1000EC
                      DONE!!! Rebuild thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=155564
                      -2012 Triumph Daytona 675R

Comment

I remember being amazed while following a gentleman through some twisties on a GK .. who was that now ..

Originally posted by Grandpa View Post
                        I've been riding with Gold Wingers for years, and I can tell you the GL1800 is a surprisingly superb handling motorcycle. What my friends can do with those bikes is incredible.

I've seen that clip before, and enjoy watching it every time.

Nick Diaz
                        Middletown, MD

Comment

If thats the rode going from the reservation into the Tennessee State Park then i've driven it in a 99 Tahoe. LOL, had to have a brake job afterwards. I think that road was from an old Indian trial. Too much white lightning LOL

Comment

I heard he raised the suspension to enable the bike to lean without scraping.

Comment

I hate that video almost fell outta my chair twice trying to lean into the corners. Mad skills there, no doubt.

Comment

Working...
                              X