Country road Hazards. #2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Country road Hazards. #2

This looks like a fast corner! Maybe put a knee down? Can't see around the bend…

Too fast and that seam will break your tire contact, or the level change, then you'll slide under the car. Seems like there's always a car in my safety runoff. It's a decreasing radius too, (?) that means it just keeps turning sharper and sharper.

A nice guardrail to keep cars on the road, but what about you?

How would it feel to slide into, I mean under a guardrail?

See the next post too.
    Bill
    Last edited by Buffalo Bill; 08-17-2009, 08:18 AM.
    "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
    1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
    1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
    1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Yeah, there are a lot of things to learn that dont get taught in riding schools.
    Some of my favorite local roads are like that, a lot of fun, but they will bite the inattentive or unthinking.

Earl
    All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

hazards

Guys,
      Any one down here in Eastern,N.C.? All up and down I95 they have the same barriers.....and as for the gravel and tar road paving they ought to be shot with s@*t and killed for stinking......seems like its the only way DOT ,here can afford to pave a road{secondary} or so they say.....you need to go blazin down a know good road then see that sign...one of them got the radiator on one of my bikes a few years back...quite aggravating....I roled into a parking lot met by some mouth breather bellowing about spilling coolant on the lot....I could have cared less...all I knew was I was stranded about 100 miles form home with a leaky radiator.....told that bozo to buff off.....
      Rod

Comment

Streets and blind corners and speed = bad.

Track and corners (blind or not) and speed = good!

Good safety post Bill!

Comment

Yeah, good safety post.

Basically, I am a wimp and a rider with little experience. So...what I do is just go into those kind of corners slowly and speed up just a little as I go around.

I just ride for fun and I am not really into taking corners to test my skill.

Rick
          Rider wimp

Comment

Riding on a paved county road .. I had to swing wide to avoid some horse waste on the pavement yesterday

Comment

Well you didn't Really HAVE to swerve did you mike?
              sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
              2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Working...
              X