Demon's Triangle - Ohio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Demon's Triangle - Ohio

Anyone ever hear of this route? I can't find the website now, but I know it was route 800 and I thought it contained 26 and a couple of other roads in South Eastern Ohio. 800 and 26 look really sweet. In fact, there are several roads down that way that look like a lot of fun. Anyone who has ridden down there, input is greatly appreciated.

Originally posted by DMPLATT View Post
    Anyone ever hear of this route? I can't find the website now, but I know it was route 800 and I thought it contained 26 and a couple of other roads in South Eastern Ohio. 800 and 26 look really sweet. In fact, there are several roads down that way that look like a lot of fun. Anyone who has ridden down there, input is greatly appreciated.
    Why do you want to know? Nobody is going to ride with you anyway...............
    IBA# 24077
    '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
    '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
    '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Nardy View Post
      Why do you want to know? Nobody is going to ride with you anyway...............
      Less planning that way.

Comment

I will ride with ya Dave

Comment

Originally posted by mriddle View Post
          I will ride with ya Dave
          Mike, sounds great. Looks to be a bit of a haul for you. We'll have to plan a weekend trip sometime. I'm game.

Comment

If i knew at least a couple weeks in advance to get the weekend off work, Rose and I are in as well!

Comment

Me too, assuming I'm not working.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
                If i knew at least a couple weeks in advance to get the weekend off work, Rose and I are in as well!
                You can speak for Rose, eh?

I'd like to get in on some of these rides too. Just need a little notice to make sure I'm open that weekend.
                Dogma
                --
                O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
                '80 GS850 GLT
                '80 GS1000 GT
                '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

I've taken 26 to 800 to 78 on a trip years ago. I recommend it as a route to try. OH 26 is very twisty coming out of Marietta, and you have to watch for gravel as there are a lot of gravel side roads that split off of it. I think I stayed in 2nd gear on my GS1100 for 15-20 miles and let gravity do the braking. It was almost like driving with an automatic transmission. OH 800 was nice too, but I don't remember anything particular about it. I've taken most of OH 800 from OH 26 up to US 250 over the years, but never in one shot, so I can't really recall which section is which. The best part of OH 78 is west of I-77, especially the area right by Burr Oak State Park.
                  JP
                  1982 GS1100EZ (awaiting resurrection)
                  1992 Concours
                  2001 GS500 (Dad's old bike)
                  2007 FJR

Comment

I was driving the cage over in that area a few weeks ago. It was a pain in the rearend with the stick. I was wishing I was on the bike.

Best thing I saw was a Drive-Thru that said "Beer, Cigarettes, Guns and Ammo!" I thought that was a nice combination. that was in Glouster.

Comment

Originally posted by Ohioan View Post
                      I was driving the cage over in that area a few weeks ago. It was a pain in the rearend with the stick. I was wishing I was on the bike.

Best thing I saw was a Drive-Thru that said "Beer, Cigarettes, Guns and Ammo!" I thought that was a nice combination. that was in Glouster.
                      I find those parts of the country to be more civilized than the urban or suburban areas. Except you can't get a pizza delivered.
                      Dogma
                      --
                      O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
                      '80 GS850 GLT
                      '80 GS1000 GT
                      '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Dave, give me a shout for a weekend ride. Just don't make it Labor Day weekend. I am, however, off the entire week following...

I'd love to have someone "twist my arm" into going riding. Seems like that's the only way I'll actually get on the bike these days.

Comment

Working...
                        X