South Ohio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

South Ohio

Well, I've been able to get out the last 2 weekends for some nice riding in Ohio. Yes, Ohio. I've posted elsewhere about 555 and 374. Thought that I would add to that a bit.
    Saturday we took 664 from 256 and this was a really fun road. Especially once we got into Hocking Hills. We then took 56 E to New Plymouth. 56 was a pleasant surprise. Nice, clean pavement and some fun corners to boot. I had anticipated this as a larger State Highway, but it was fun. We then hit 328 S., which is ok - but the pavement isn't the greatest. From there we took some township roads that I wouldn't recommend. Had lunch in Athens, and then hit 550. 550 led us to 555, but 550 is another pleasant surprise. It has some really fun corners and very little gravel.
    555, again was great - but I think there are better roads in the area.

Good news is that I now have some extremely fun roads within an hour of me and I have LOTS more exploring to do. There were a lot of TWP roads that we didn't take, but look like they could be fun. I see myself taking lots of scouting trips in the near future.

WOO HOOO.

Give a shout some time Dave, might be able to come out and tag along? Hawking Hills is deadly ground for me..i tend to stay away from there unless we're just sight seeing. Last fall RageZro and I took a trip out there with the COG group for a ride, and he and the gent in front of him went down right in front of me. there was A LOT of gravel out there at the time, i think due to some freshly paved roads and new gravel shoulders that had washed into the road.

Sadly, the COG ride leader, who incidentally is the area or regional director, didnt even know he had two riders down for hours, and never came back to look for us... Makes me glad im a GSR instead of an area COG... heh.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
      Give a shout some time Dave, might be able to come out and tag along? Hawking Hills is deadly ground for me..i tend to stay away from there unless we're just sight seeing. Last fall RageZro and I took a trip out there with the COG group for a ride, and he and the gent in front of him went down right in front of me. there was A LOT of gravel out there at the time, i think due to some freshly paved roads and new gravel shoulders that had washed into the road.

Sadly, the COG ride leader, who incidentally is the area or regional director, didnt even know he had two riders down for hours, and never came back to look for us... Makes me glad im a GSR instead of an area COG... heh.

Josh, I've heard the stories about Hocking Hills many times from various people. I've now ridden down there about 8 times and do find gravel in some corners. I've been really lucky though, as there has been very little gravel in the trips I've made. I would put it in the same category as Brown County in Indiana. However, I also realize that changes with the rain fall we have.
      So, I understand the trepedation with those roads. I will add that 555 is worse than Hocking Hills. Especially my last trip up that road. It doesn't really do a whole lot for me. That is the reason I'm looking at the Demon's triangle.
      On another note, 664 was awesome as well as 550. Lots of roads yet to explore, yet so little time.....

Comment

Dave, look me up sometime. 8383 Central College Rd. There's a "Honey for Sale" sign at the end of the driveway. Can't miss it.

Comment

Working...
        X