Delmarva Bike week (Ocean City MD)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delmarva Bike week (Ocean City MD)

Delmarva's 2009 Bike week is coming up fast. It officialy starts on thurs Sept. 17 and ends sunday Sept. 20. I will be down from sunday Sept. 13 to Sept. 21. finally taking my full weeks vacation for the year. Like most shows, it'll be dominated by Harleys and sport bikes. Last year there were only two GS's that I saw (mine and an 84 450G). Would like to see more GS's there if any of ya'll can make it. There are some nice roads outside of Ocean City, MD in Berlin and Salisbury to ride. Here's the link for the show.

man thats a bummer i'm gonna be in chincoteaque fishing that weekend. I forgot all about bike week. It's amazing how the rarest bikes don't cost 20 grand

Comment

Take a slight detour to OC on your way back. Its only an hour away. LOL

Besides, the Harley store on RT 50 will let ya rent one for a while.

Comment

ha i wouldn't be caught dead on a harley, i was thinking bout followin my buddy down on my bike, we are towing a boat down i dunno if it'll work out

Comment

Delmarva Recap.

So my buddies and I got down to OC around 8pm sunday night. Taking RT 404 to RT 113 was a nice ride (minus all the bugs). Things really didn't kick off till Wed night so we just relaxed and rode around OC.

So once things started, OC Harley, 45th St. Village (which was taken over by Cancun Cantina), Seacrets, Salisbury's Winter Park Place, Seaford DE Harley, Oasis Bar, and Hoopers were all having some kind of event, contest, band, etc. Every where we went, we had a good time. I was actually suprised that more and more people were checkin out my GS. It was nice to see someone checkin it out as I was walkin up. Didn't really see any other GS's but did see an old KZ750 in great condition. I couldn't tell ya the year.

All in all, it was a great week.

Comment

when we were on our way down to chincoteaque on friday I saw a guy on a kz with header and strectched solid rear

Comment

Nice posts! I ride to MD, VA and DE, I really enjoy it.

I have thought about going to bike week, but figured that I get to see Harleys-O-Plenty around here (The Reading Motorcycle Club, read "non import bike club" has been around nearly a hundred years!) I will say that, when some of the brotherhood see my old GS, their eyes light up. Sometimes I hear "I used to have one of dem till I upgraded, nice little bikes"!
              One thing I do enjoy is seeing the different custom bikes, even if some of the themes get kind of repetitive.

Another trip I would like to take on one of the bikes is the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel.
              Last edited by Guest; 10-16-2009, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gsgeezer View Post
                Another trip I would like to take on one of the bikes is the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel.
                We did the Bridge/Tunnel earlier this year, just after Memorial Day.

We were treated to a couple different ships going through the passage over the tunnel.

sigpic
                mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                Family Portrait
                Siblings and Spouses
                Mom's first ride
                Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Then we saw a slightly faster "ship" in the parking lot.

sigpic
                  mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                  hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                  #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                  #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                  Family Portrait
                  Siblings and Spouses
                  Mom's first ride
                  Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                  (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Thanx for the pics!
                    Those ships seem slow, till you're doing a jibe to keep from being run down by one!

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                      Then we saw a slightly faster "ship" in the parking lot.

This has got to be one of the sexiest Ferrari models there are, IMO. Lots of em look pretty neat, but are a bit to "racey" for me. This one tho, wouldnt look out of place getting groceries, or commuting to work (sure, I commute to work in my OTHER car...LOL) and still blow the doors off of just about anything else on the road. Classy, and silly fast at the same time.

Comment

I was there a few weeks ago, pulled into that area only to discover trucks shouldnt be there.. made a hard u - turn scraping the rear of my 53 ft trailer on the concrete wall LOL

Comment

submarines! Those things are real!? but seriously that is cool seeing a sub in action

Comment

Working...
                          X