FYI Indiana 135

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FYI Indiana 135

Found this posted on another forum today.

09/20/09 - Just an FYI for anyone traveling Indiana 135 South of Nashville. [COLOR=#234f1a! important][COLOR=#234f1a! important]Jackson[/COLOR][/COLOR] County has added a top coat of chip-&-seal to their strech of this beautiful road. Current conditions are hazardous with lots of loose gravel. Those traveling this route should exercise caution or select an alternate route until the surface has seasoned.
    sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
    2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Hmmm... an investigation will be in order later in October.

Jackson county is the next county south of Brown county.

In Brown county, the dumb turds put down zillions of tar snakes early this spring, then covered them with a layer of sand. That was fun. It took a few months for the tar snakes to wear down a bit and the sand to wash off.
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

As of October 17, 2009, the chip-n-seal in Jackson County on 135 was... not bad.

Plenty of grip, not much loose gravel (or no more loose gravel than is usual in Indiana, land of shoulderless roads).

However, it's rather rough and bumpy stuff, so it does feel odd.
      1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
      2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
      2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
      Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

I actually rode this road with my brother for the first time ever in September. I was having a blast until we got south of Story and we ran into the formentioned resurfacing. We had to take it very slow, and I just kept thinking how much it sucks that was ruining the twisties for us.

Comment

Indeed, it's a good road. But there are faaar better roads not too far away southwest of Bloomington.
          Current Bikes:
          2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Working...
          X