Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oct 09

Colin,
    Congratulations on BOM! Beautiful example of a rare GS. I've never even heard of an 85 1100G - let alone seen one agree! And I agree, that paint scheme is rare, and sharp. Sequencial numbers - boy is that unusual! That sure is a nice looking GS! Keep up the great work.
    Scott
    1982 GS1000S #1 bought in 84, #2 gone, #3 in hibernation
    1983 GS1100ES #1 (bought in 03, July 09 BOM, 65k traded in 17), #2 New daily rider, #3 in hibernation
    1982 GS1100E Red #1 - Original owner, sold in 93, #2 (Red) sold in 20 to Andy B
    2018 Gold Wing Tour - new out of the crate 1st non-Suzuki in 38 years
    sigpic

Very nice looking bike. I like it a lot. Congrats!
    Current Bikes:
    2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Originally posted by gs scott View Post
      Colin,
      Congratulations on BOM! Beautiful example of a rare GS. I've never even heard of an 85 1100G - let alone seen one agree! And I agree, that paint scheme is rare, and sharp. Sequencial numbers - boy is that unusual! That sure is a nice looking GS! Keep up the great work.
      +1 what he said; Makes you wonder if how long these two GS brothers were apart or likewise together?

Comment

Thanks for your compliments guys but I don't really deserve them. She was pretty tidy when I bought her. I mostly just caught up on a bit of overdue maintenance.

Although my bike is genuine, compared to so many, many, many of you guys who have done the hard yards stripping bikes down to make them look better than new, I'm a bit of an impostor. If it wasn't for her points of differences in colour scheme and vintage I wouldn't even have put her up for consideration, as measured on an effort basis there are many more worthy contenders
        Last edited by Guest; 10-01-2009, 12:10 AM.

Comment

Well done mate
          She's a purler!
          Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Colin Green View Post
            Thanks for your compliments guys but I don't really deserve them. She was pretty tidy when I bought her. I mostly just caught up on a bit of overdue maintenance.

Although my bike is genuine, compared to so many, many, many of you guys who have done the hard yards stripping bikes down to make them look better than new, I'm a bit of an impostor. If it wasn't for her points of differences in colour scheme and vintage I wouldn't even have put her up for consideration, as measured on an effort basis there are many more worthy contenders
            Still takes a fair bit to keep them in that sort of condition. Bravo. Cheers,Simon.

'79 GS1000S my daily ride in Aus

'82 (x2) GS650ET in the shed

Comment

Very nice. Thanks for sharing your story and congrats. I have been riding an 82 GS1100G for the last few months while I work on my 78 750. The 1100 is very nice and comfortable to ride. Wished they continued to make them longer here.
              David
              1998 Suzuki Bandit
              1978 GS750 gone but not forgotten
              1978 GS1000 - gone
              1981 GS850 - gone

Comment

I didn't know that was stock paint. Very nice. It looks a lot like a Honda Sabre paint job, or 1100F even.

It certainly compliments the shape of the bike better than the nasty maroon/purple with gold pinstripes my '821 100G had. I just gave that bike to my brother after our ride from Oregon to Maine.
                sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

A sweet looking machine for sure. Wish I could find one like that sitting in a barn and asking about $300 for it.
                  Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                  '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                  '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                  '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                  '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Cheers guys. I can confirm that the paint is factory paint from 85 for the 850G and 1100G.

Aside from my parts bike. (worth about U$200-U$300 to buy here in nz... you guys have it GS good)

I have even recently seen a very tidy 850 for sale by auction
                    THIS BIKE HAS DONE A GENUINE AND VARIFIED 38.700KMS N.Z. NEW AND I AM THE 5TH OWNER THE LAST 4 OWNERS APPEAR TO BE OLD CODGERS LIKE MYSELF SALE DUE T...

and a 1100 side car conversion (done when bike was brand new)
                    Seen last weekend

The bikes all have identical paint. Also found a picture on teh interwobble site (can't remember where)

and I'm pretty sure that the GK was also released here in the same colours as I scored a GK fairing with exact same paint and decals colours for $1
                    which can be seen on the floor to the right of my bike platform in this picture

Please let me know if the links don't work. (Think they will if you are signed in to GSR)

Last edited by Guest; 10-03-2009, 12:20 AM.

Comment

Congrats Colin. Great looking bike that runs as nice as it looks.
                      Cheers Ian.
                      The road to hell is paved with good intentions......................................

GS 850GN JE 894 10.5-1 pistons, Barnett Clutch, C-W 4-1, B-B MPD Ignition, Progressive suspension, Sport Demons. Sold
                      GS 850GT JE 1023 11-1 pistons. Sold
                      GS1150ES3 stock, V&H 4-1. Sold
                      GS1100GD, future resto project. Sold

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s...s/P1000001.jpg
                      http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s...s/P1000581.jpg

Comment

That's a beauty to say the least.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin Green View Post

Yes, she is a real beauty!

Comment

I don't think you're an imposter. I'm sure most of the guys here have not done frame up restorations of their bikes. A good majority of the guys I'm sure, are just trying to keep the old beasts alive. You have a fine looking bike, don't kid yourself.
                            Kevin
                            E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
                            "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
                            Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Comment

Thanks guys. She is a fine machine. I plan on installing Racetech cartridge emulators and a pair of good cartridge shocks to the rear to get the best out of her. She deserves it

Comment

Working...
                              X