Dragon alert!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dragon alert!!!

Due to the big rock slide on I 40 there has been a huge increase in semi traffic on US 129 AKA The Dragon on the Tennessee - North Carolina border. They have been averaging a stuck semi a day there lately and it will probably continue until 40 is reopened next spring (hopefully). This is due to GPS units giving 129 as an alternate to 40.
    sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
    2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Good info! I'll be headed that way in the cage in a couple weeks. I'll need to plan accordingly.
    Dogma
    --
    O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
    '80 GS850 GLT
    '80 GS1000 GT
    '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Maybe the local po-leece will hand out enough crossing-the-yellow tickets that they'll meet their revenue quota for the year early...?
      1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
      2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
      2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
      Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

I live in Maryville at the foot of The Gap. Awesome road that it is it's become infested with cops, idiots, tourists and I avoid the place on weekends/holidays now a days. That being said there are literally thousands of miles of awesome road here in East TN. Ride in any direction and you'll find a twisty road. If anyone ever finds themselves in the area feel free to drop me a pm.
        -1978 Suzuki GS1000EC
        DONE!!! Rebuild thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=155564
        -2012 Triumph Daytona 675R

Comment

[QUOTE=IanC;1140516]Awesome road that it is it's become infested with cops, idiots, tourists and I avoid the place on weekends/holidays now a days.[QUOTE]

i wanted to ride the dragon's tail last summer but plans dropped. you are right, there are plenty o' good roads in east tn. my uncle used to live in maryville and i took some nice rides to get there from asheville by getting off 40 asap. i want to take a little ride up thru asheville and over to nashville. maybe this year

Comment

Drop me a message anytime you head this way. My bike is getting rebuilt right now and I hope to have it up before the riding season kicks into full swing. Even if it's still not road ready I'll gladly meet anyone in the area for lunch and my garage is always open to anyone coming through that needs one.
            -1978 Suzuki GS1000EC
            DONE!!! Rebuild thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=155564
            -2012 Triumph Daytona 675R

Comment

Working...
            X