Motorcycleroads.us

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motorcycleroads.us

Stumbled across this the other day in my never ending quest for nice roads to ride and couldn't find any reference to it through a quick search here. I've found it both fun and useful thus far.

www.motorcycleroads.us

www.pashnit.com is also a good site for maps

Comment

Checked out that site and Illinois only has a total of 54 miles of what they consider twisty roads Longest stretch was 25 miles

Comment

Originally posted by pntrdave View Post
        Checked out that site and Illinois only has a total of 54 miles of what they consider twisty roads Longest stretch was 25 miles
        From what I've ridden of Illinois, that may be accurate Dave!
        sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
        2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Doesn't appear terribly complete, it doesn't even have Tennessee 232 (AKA the Little Dragon) which is one of the best roads in Tennessee outside East Tennessee.

I'm partial to this site for roads/routes.

sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
          2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

I noticed the Google Maps displayed on the site aren't necessarily the route described/desired. I checked several routes in my area and 2 didn't match as Google Maps selected the major road route between the end points, rather than the twisty road desired.

[Specifically:
            - WA-410 between Enumclaw and Yakima, Google Maps puts you on US-12 instead
            - Forest Road 52 between Ashland and Packwood, rather goes though Mt Rainier NP to WA-123 to US-12. BTW, I drove this road in Oct and would not recommend it for a motorcycle due to dangerous potholes and bad pavement]

Comment

It may not be complete, but you can at least maybe get some ideas from it. Further investigation would be required on any of these, I think. For example this one, I know is one lane for about half the length. No mention of that. A fun little road, and kinda scenic, but I wouldn't recommend it for twisty carving. I suppose I should contribute by saying so on the site.
              Dogma
              --
              O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
              '80 GS850 GLT
              '80 GS1000 GT
              '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Originally posted by pntrdave View Post
                Originally posted by marvinsc View Post
                From what I've ridden of Illinois, that may be accurate Dave!
                Based on my experience I'd say that is very generous!
                Current: 2014 BMW R1200GS, 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR350SE
                Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Comment

Working...
                X