Pashnit CA Road Reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pashnit CA Road Reviews

If U live in CA and are looking for a place to ride; This is a great site. It cost $20 / year for access to the road reviews but it seems well worth it.

Best CA Motorcycle Roads, 300 Amazing Rides & Tours in California

Posplayr

Pashnit

Nice way to make a living!
    Scott
    1982 GS1000S #1 bought in 84, #2 gone, #3 in hibernation
    1983 GS1100ES #1 (bought in 03, July 09 BOM, 65k traded in 17), #2 New daily rider, #3 in hibernation
    1982 GS1100E Red #1 - Original owner, sold in 93, #2 (Red) sold in 20 to Andy B
    2018 Gold Wing Tour - new out of the crate 1st non-Suzuki in 38 years
    sigpic

Comment

I thought he was/is a member on here?
      I looked under the members listing and he's not listed as "pashnit"

Maybe my mind is .........wandering........

And these guys are free

As are many more, a simple Google search finds a bunch of free sites.
      Great idea tho, I wish him and his comany good luck.
      Last edited by KGB; 11-17-2009, 02:56 PM. Reason: I wandered again..............
      Keith
      -------------------------------------------
      1980 GS1000S, blue and white
      2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

Originally posted by KGB View Post
        I thought he was/is a member on here?
        I looked under the members listing and he's not listed as "pashnit"

Maybe my mind is .........wandering........

And these guys are free

As are many more, a simple Google search finds a bunch of free sites.
        Great idea tho, I wish him and his comany good luck.
        The more I look the more I love Pashnit. I've lived in SB County for nearly 30 years and I did not know about halve the roads just in this area (SLO/SB and Ventura counties) he has documented.

Comment

Pashnit

I'm a member on the Pashnit forum, don't spend too much time there, mostly I read about the trips they do, the roads, and the history leading up to starting his business - it's really amazing! And the work and effort he puts into the road reports is amazing - not unlike Peter Egan and his writing ability. But living in New England doesn't provide much input to riding in my neck of the woods.

However, I had a business trip to LA, and it involved events in two consecutive weeks, and rather fly home Friday and fly back Sunday or Monday, I planned to stay the week-end. I was hoping to rent a bike, and cruise up the PCH to Carmel.

It was late January and I wasn't sure the weather would cooperate, but I remained hopeful as the calendar days clicked by. Naturally, when the time came, the bike (Honda ST1100) deposit was non-refundable, and the weather forecasted monsoons, hail, thunder, lightning, snow, mudslides, highway closings....

I ended up taking the ST and heading South to San Diego, then east into the desert, north up to Lake Elsinor, and 74 back to San Juan Capistrano and back up the 5 to LA. About 700 miles in three days (Friday - Sunday).

So while I read about the great roads up the PCH and various options, the PCH was closed due to mudslides, and the 5 was closed for snow! But, the Southern route worked out just fine. Seeing Lake Elsinor firsthand, and the view on the top of 74 overlooking the lake was amazing (not to mention the ride on 74 itself!) I could almost see Steve (McQueen) racing around the lake. Very well worth it.
          Last edited by gs scott; 11-17-2009, 08:40 PM. Reason: typo
          Scott
          1982 GS1000S #1 bought in 84, #2 gone, #3 in hibernation
          1983 GS1100ES #1 (bought in 03, July 09 BOM, 65k traded in 17), #2 New daily rider, #3 in hibernation
          1982 GS1100E Red #1 - Original owner, sold in 93, #2 (Red) sold in 20 to Andy B
          2018 Gold Wing Tour - new out of the crate 1st non-Suzuki in 38 years
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gs scott View Post
            I'm a member on the Pashnit forum, don't spend too much time there, mostly I read about the trips they do, the roads, and the history leading up to starting his business - it's really amazing! And the work and effort he puts into the road reports is amazing - not unlike Peter Egan and his writing ability. But living in New England doesn't provide much input to riding in my neck of the woods.

However, I had a business trip to LA, and it involved events in two consecutive weeks, and rather fly home Friday and fly back Sunday or Monday, I planned to stay the week-end. I was hoping to rent a bike, and cruise up the PCH to Carmel.

It was late January and I wasn't sure the weather would cooperate, but I remained hopeful as the calendar days clicked by. Naturally, when the time came, the bike (Honda ST1100) deposit was non-refundable, and the weather forecasted monsoons, hail, thunder, lightning, snow, mudslides, highway closings....

I ended up taking the ST and heading South to San Diego, then east into the desert, north up to Lake Elsinor, and 74 back to San Juan Capistrano and back up the 5 to LA. About 700 miles in three days (Friday - Sunday).

So while I read about the great roads up the PCH and various options, the PCH was closed due to mudslides, and the 5 was closed for snow! But, the Southern route worked out just fine. Seeing Lake Elsinor firsthand, and the view on the top of 74 overlooking the lake was amazing (not to mention the ride on 74 itself!) I could almost see Steve (McQueen) racing around the lake. Very well worth it.
            Wow,
            Too bad about getting rained out. We can have wonderful weather all year round but when the rain does hit it does it with a vengeance. Especially the tropical Pineapple Express that come up from the southwest.

The SB mountains run east west so when a southern storm hits, it drives the storm fronts up the side of the mountain can just deluge the area. However some of the best still air and blue skies you can imagine happen in the days after those storms .
            A lot of times we head down to Baja to go windsurfing that time of year as it is warmer but major storms usually catch the whole coast.
            Jim

Comment

I bought my first house in Lake Smell some-more back in '83. I frequented The Lookout pretty regularly back then.

Sometimes we rode up to where the hang gliders jump off.

It is darned hot and smoggy there in the summer. I like the winter though.

Pashnit's first touring bike was a GS850L, as I recall reading.
              Last edited by 850 Combat; 11-17-2009, 11:16 PM.
              sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Just a bump for anybody considering a CA road trip; there are many roads to explore and for thre $20 price for admission this is a pretty nice guide.

Comment

Pashnit site used to be free years ago, but like everything else..

Comment

Working...
                  X